Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So incredibly sad to read that CC has passed. We are all Hoosier fans, and Colonial Crester was one of the great ones.

Moreover, as a mod in another corner of Hoosier fandom, I constantly saw the reflection of CC's grace, intelligence, humor, and judgment in the way he posted and moderated this board.

As we know, life is precious--love up your family and then love them up some more every day, and be thankful for all of our blessings and lives well-lived.

RIP CC.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So incredibly sad to read that CC has passed. We are all Hoosier fans, and Colonial Crester was one of the great ones.

Moreover, as a mod in another corner of Hoosier fandom, I constantly saw the reflection of CC's grace, intelligence, humor, and judgment in the way he posted and moderated this board.

As we know, life is precious--love up your family and then love them up some more every day, and be thankful for all of our blessings and lives well-lived.

RIP CC.

Well said my btown friend.  Well said.

This has been a tough year for obvious reasons, but what most people don’t realize the full scope is what CC and CCG meant to these forums.  Without CC there is no move from Scout in the way we did for the length it was.  He was every bit as generous and easy to work with as any mod/owner I have had the pleasure to work with.  He truly was one of the good ones.  Rest easy my friend, and watch out for Gary on the way up.  

I joined the last site and you could tell CC's presence and the great tone he set on the forum. It is the reason I joined and began posting there and followed over here. He had such a great sense of humor and seemed full of life. From what has been said...it was way too soon and his presence will most definitely be missed. RIP CC...a sad time for the forum and my condolences to his family and friends.

16 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Just got word. Heart attack while out at dinner. Just F$CK!

That's awful.  Really feel for the family.  It is hard at any time but we are just gearing up for a bunch of the big family get together holidays.  It will be a rough winter for them.

Rest in Peace CC, God bless to the family.

Just, wow. I had the pleasure to meet Eric a few times, and he was always full of great energy and loved life. I’m so stunned and upset by this, such a great guy and can’t thank him enough for the HSN boards. 

This one really hurts, board won’t be the same without him! If any information is found out about the service or help with funds, please let me know! 

Eric and Natty took me to my first IU football game and tailgate. I will never forget that and how much fun that was. We had a random drunk college chick come up to us and started eating our nachos with us lol. Also took me to Buffa Louie’s for my first time. 

Eric, miss you brother and I will drink one for you tonight! 

Not what I expected logging in today since we were all just hanging out in the game thread the other day. Shocked and hurt since . I'd only been made aware of his recent health issues this year. Just thought without actually asking or hearing, that his more recent heavier participation,  indicated he was maybe starting to be doing/feeling better.

I'll miss him, his take on things and his sense of humor the most!!  First time I've cried sad tears over him after so many times spitting the coffee/pop/milk  you name it- whatever was in my cup -at his tongue in cheek posts for over 10 years as a member + Hardcore lurker..  I would owe C.C. more overdue laughs and money than anyone I can think of who gave as much, if he were that kind of guy to run it to a tab,  but goes to show how great of a person he was in asking nothing of us, but being a respectful part of the board. 

The stories I've heard of the lengths he went to keep this board free for the public and welcoming to all Hoosier fans or otherwise all the while dealing with so much going on in his daily life. I could go on about his fairness and generosity for another decade, but my heart goes out to his family and loved ones and I'll pray for all.

Rest in heaven sir . You will be dearly missed by all of us and I won't ever forget you, Mr Eric! It doesn't do my heart much solace right now , but he deserved to see his Hoosiers , OUR Hoosiers have their moment in the sun. RIP Chief.

Archived