Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I had to giggle about the Indonesian Hookers text since I know he reigned most of that in as best as any website founder could in the name of keeping it classy.  

Behind the scenes that was his favorite running joke. Always got a laugh.

3 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Just, wow. I had the pleasure to meet Eric a few times, and he was always full of great energy and loved life. I’m so stunned and upset by this, such a great guy and can’t thank him enough for the HSN boards. 

This one really hurts, board won’t be the same without him! If any information is found out about the service or help with funds, please let me know! 

Eric and Natty took me to my first IU football game and tailgate. I will never forget that and how much fun that was. We had a random drunk college chick come up to us and started eating our nachos with us lol. Also took me to Buffa Louie’s for my first time. 

Eric, miss you brother and I will drink one for you tonight! 

Hot drunk co-eds can eat my nachos anytime!!!  That was seriously a great weekend. IU-Navy. First HSN tailgate. Carpooling from STL to Bloomington. Meeting a number of others as well. Fond memories no doubt. 

5 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Hot drunk co-eds can eat my nachos anytime!!!  That was seriously a great weekend. IU-Navy. First HSN tailgate. Carpooling from STL to Bloomington. Meeting a number of others as well. Fond memories no doubt. 

I told my wife when I called her after wife, she was really sad by the news as well. I forgot about this, but she reminded my that all of us went out to eat in St. Louis years back at Fitz’s.

Fun times, will miss CC!!! 

16 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I told my wife when I called her after wife, she was really sad by the news as well. I forgot about this, but she reminded my that all of us went out to eat in St. Louis years back at Fitz’s.

Fun times, will miss CC!!! 

That’s right!!!!  We were vacationing as a family. He ordered fried pickles and I think he was the only one who ate them. Ha!  That is a nice memory. 

It's with a heavy heart that I post here now after receiving the news from Milehi today. I knew him less than he, but knew enough to say he was a good soul taken from us too soon... and if I could make 2020 become 2021 with the snap of my finger, we would all be rid of this wretched year. I've lost my job, two people close to my family, my grandmother and I have my step-father who is now dealing with his third bout of cancer... the news of Eric takes no backseat to these. His impact to us is insignificant when compared to what he meant to his family and loved ones, but is not insignificant on its own.

He built and nurtured a community for Hoosiers, far and wide, to connect and share thoughts and ideas on not just all things IU, but on anything we wanted to discuss and share with others... OUR PEOPLE. He created a safe space, but an open space, one in which I would never have had the privilege otherwise of meeting and connecting with MilehiIU... someone I now call a very dear friend of mine (and his family, too). Thanksgiving & Easter dinners are now tradition... I call them my family and they've embraced me as theirs. I bring them broccoli salad and my famous barbecue sauce to gatherings and they allow me a seat at their table and to break bread with them in their home. This means the world to me.

If you ever find your way to Colorado, I highly encourage you to reach out to MilehiIU. You're not going to find a finer person, one that will welcome you with open arms, enrich your soul and leave you with more wisdom and in a better place than when you got there. Feel free to reach out to me, too, but I'm younger and lack all the former :). 

What you do with this space is entirely up to you. Mile and I didn't stop at a post on a message board, we started with one; from there, it evolved. And I owe it all to Eric and what he created for me... this is his legacy as I see it.

I raise my glass to you. Eric. Thank you. 

"We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

WOW, just saw this, I'm speechless.  I didn't know Eric well, nor did I correspond with him much over the years, but I have followed the various incarnations of this site for years, and will be forever grateful for the community he brought together and the forum provided for all of us to share information and our passion for IU sports.

Wow, just wow, RIP Eric, and condolences to his family and friends.

Wow, so sorry to hear this! Thank you for everything, CC! RIP!

It's kind of weird, I've been with HSN since back to the Scout days and am obviously very active, yet I've only ever interacted with CC a couple of times. We never shared any PM's, maybe shared a handful of comments on each others posts over the years, but I'm very aware that if there is no CC, then there is no HSN. While a lot of people play a vital part in HSN, CC was the guy that set the tone and made it all happen. I'm grateful for that.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. 

Man, I live in Phoenix and he contacted me the day before the Rutgers game to meet up to watch the game. It turned out he lived only a few miles from me (which is kind of amazing in Phoenix). Then he texted me Saturday to say he couldn't make it. Things happen so I didn't think much of it but I guess it was serious. :(

So I never met him in person, but from our conversation he seemed like a good guy who was open and welcoming. Only 59. :(

I'm just now seeing this as well and am so sad.  It can be a bit intimidating sometimes as a female joining a sports forum, and everyone here is always so nice, but I always remember feeling so welcomed by CC, always with kind words for me and others.  Rest in Peace, may you always have front row seats to see the Hoosiers now. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I'm just now seeing this as well and am so sad.  It can be a bit intimidating sometimes as a female joining a sports forum, and everyone here is always so nice, but I always remember feeling so welcomed by CC, always with kind words for me and others.  Rest in Peace, may you always have front row seats to see the Hoosiers now. 

Just know.  YOU will always have a place in Hoosier Sports Nation.  God speed.  And please take care.

32 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Very kind note and regarding the female part. My wife and Mother in law know more sports than 95% of the dudes I counter each week. Keep posting!

12 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

One of the few mods other than mile that let me be on this board.

I can't speak for other mods.  However... Jackie... you and I go way back.  And like HoosierMomma know that as long as I have any say here... after Eric's passing..... you will always also have a place on Hoosier Sports Nation.   As far as I am concerned.

Peace.  And best wishes to you and your family

What awful news to stumble across. Condolences to his family. Wow. CC you will be missed.  I don’t post as much as I would like anymore as life happens and the kids keep me busy, but this place still holds a special place in my heart as I basically grew up on this board in its different manifestations over the years. This group is as close to a family as any sports message board I have ever witnessed. A great group of people. CC and the gang have a lot to be proud of for what has been built here.

Archived