Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, morganmonroe said:

True story.

Several years ago he PM'd me and asked me if I would consider being a mod on the board.  Can't remember if it was this board or the earlier one.  I was shocked and honored, but time and other obligations simply wouldn't allow it.  

I knew then he had good taste.

RIP E.

Secret.  Don't tell any one. I was the one who recommended you to Eric. 

Yet.... another one that you and I go way back.  Always an honor to see a post from you.  Just hope you and yours are doing well.

On 11/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, go_iu_bb said:

Man, I live in Phoenix and he contacted me the day before the Rutgers game to meet up to watch the game. It turned out he lived only a few miles from me (which is kind of amazing in Phoenix). Then he texted me Saturday to say he couldn't make it. Things happen so I didn't think much of it but I guess it was serious. :(

So I never met him in person, but from our conversation he seemed like a good guy who was open and welcoming. Only 59. :(

I’m also 59, so Eric (CC) and I were at IU the same time. I went to a lot of parties at Colonial Crest. I choose to believe we crossed paths. 

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’m also 59, so Eric (CC) and I were at IU the same time. I went to a lot of parties at Colonial Crest. I choose to believe we crossed paths. 

I spent my Senior year at IU... living at Colonial Crest.  It was just a few years old at the time.  Two room mates from high school.  One of the best year of my life.

Starting to get over the loss off Eric.  However... don't mind saying.... the last week has been tough on me. 

I have avoided posting because I have never dealt with loss well.  But CC was prime example of the best an IU fan could be.  I think we would all do good to continue to think of him and how he would act when we post and as said above honor him by continuing to make this place what he helped creat it to be and is.  Rest In Peace I know I will think of you every time I post here and be sad every time I realize you won’t be posting back.

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Man he will be truly missed.  I just recently had a couple PM's with him myself.  I am truly saddened to hear this news.

It's amazing to me.... how many Hoosier Sports Nation members... Eric reached out to.  He and I communicated by phone.... often.  However.... this kind man.... really was the heart of Hoosier Sports Nation.

And I truly love the honor bestowed upon him by changing the off topic board from the Animal House to his corner. 

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's amazing to me.... how many Hoosier Sports Nation members... Eric reached out to.  He and I communicated by phone.... often.  However.... this kind man.... really was the heart of Hoosier Sports Nation.

And I truly love the honor bestowed upon him by changing the off topic board from the Animal House to his corner. 

I 100% supper the name change.  He was a good man, lost to early from this world.  Prayer to his family and friends.

Just wanted to follow up on this one. CC is the third person I've known (directly or indirectly in this case) over last 6 months to pass away suddenly. I've had moments myself over the past 8 months where things haven't been right. Finally scheduled a Calcium Content CT Scan. 

Couldn't believe how quick and easy it was. $49 to make sure your heart and surrounding area is clear of buildup. Did mine this morning. My score was 0 which is a good thing. I'd strongly suggest to anyone to schedule one just to make sure the kicker is right.

Good things can come from bad. Maybe others will join in as well. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just wanted to follow up on this one. CC is the third person I've known (directly or indirectly in this case) over last 6 months to pass away suddenly. I've had moments myself over the past 8 months where things haven't been right. Finally scheduled a Calcium Content CT Scan. 

Couldn't believe how quick and easy it was. $49 to make sure your heart and surrounding area is clear of buildup. Did mine this morning. My score was 0 which is a good thing. I'd strongly suggest to anyone to schedule one just to make sure the kicker is right.

Iirc either Community or IU health advertises a heart scan for cheap.  My buddy did one and they found a large blockage.  He's been eating clean, exercising way more and has been able to control or reduce without meds.  

These are good thoughts to all, thanks. A partner of mine (in my firm) was feeling some chest tightness last year. His wife insisted he go in and get checked. He ended up immediately having to schedule quadruple bypass surgery. He was having the very beginnings of what would have been a massive and likely fatal heart attack. He is fine now. Yes, everyone, take care of yourselves. 

53 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Iirc either Community or IU health advertises a heart scan for cheap.  My buddy did one and they found a large blockage.  He's been eating clean, exercising way more and has been able to control or reduce without meds.  

My heart scan was $50 and a little area had a spot on it. They said I could possibly had a heart attack but the cardiologist doesn't think so.

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Exactly why I did it. So many of us cruise by thinking we eat healthy, exercise, etc....I got mine at IU North. $49 and took about 20 minutes.

I’ve been away from the site for awhile, and wanted to pop in and this was the first thing I saw tonight. I’m so, so sorry to hear of CC’s, Eric’s, sudden passing. I’m grateful he founded this wonderful group of people - you were all a gift that I discovered when my father-in-law was ill and IU was on the brink of needing a new coach. The pleasant back-and-forth, humorous posts, and family-like atmosphere were all so welcome. From reading all of these wonderful posts, it’s clear this site was a reflection of him.  He seemed to have such a natural and easy way of interacting with everyone that will be missed by many. To all of you who knew him so well, my deepest condolences. 

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My wife had her annual physical yesterday and her Dr recommended this. We are going to make it a date and both go and get it done. 

Archived