Michael Penix

KDB

I tensed up a little about Cam Jones because he was one of my favorite recruits, so it's a relief he signed.  I am very happy with Jones and Aaron Casey at LB.  They may need time to get ready but hopefully they will be missiles out there in time.  As previously discussed, it will be really interesting to see where Fitzgerald ends up (maybe at LB?) and how Mo Burnham, a nicely rated LB out of Tenn last year turns out.  That could be one heck of a fast unit in a couple of years.

Lot of talk that Reese may play QB but I also heard he knows he needs to be a corner if he wants to play in the NFL.  More than likely, you end up with Taylor at CB but having some QB packages too since he is such a playmaker.

Look at Jaylin Williams, he looks like a stud corner.  So, I like what we did for team speed on D.  The LB's, the stud corners, and a couple of really nice ends in James Head and Norris once they fill out.

On offense, the biggest story to me is the two RB's.  They are going to bring it.  With Walker, again, team speed just went up.  I love Philyor.  I'd say he was a steal last year.  You're going to put pressure on defenses with the speed and then some tall wideouts, even if Cobbs leaves as most expect.

I think this has a chance to be a very nice class.  I thought the last two had some underrated talent too.  For those that follow recruiting, it's of a different quality than say eight years ago.  Most of our guys had good offers elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Well played. I think the QB we landed will be a stud. 

Who did you get?  How was your class overall?  Is it ranked well?  Did you get any Indiana kids or did you focus elsewhere?

PS, I never thought much of Hazell from the day he was hired, but I think Brohm is a heck of a good coach.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Who did you get?  How was your class overall?  Is it ranked well?  Did you get any Indiana kids or did you focus elsewhere?

PS, I never thought much of Hazell from the day he was hired, but I think Brohm is a heck of a good coach.

Jack Plummer (no relation to Jake Plummer haha). Overall, I really like the class. It’s in the 40 range right now which is a heck of an upgrade over any hazell class. I think his best class was in the 60’s.  Our biggest remaining target is high 3*\4* Rondale Moore who just decommitted from Texas yesterday. He’s planning on announcing his commitment at the Army AA game in a few weeks and it should be Purdue from what we’re hearing. We got 3 Indiana kids (one from Ft. Wayne, one from ben Davis, and one from Lawrence Central). With how badly we’ve neglected in-state recruiting the last 8 years, I’m glad we were able to get some solid kids from good in-state programs. Already off to a good start in-state for 2019 with 4* Karlaftis from WL. 

Good call on Hazell haha. Brohm is night and day better in every way haha. 

11 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Purdue also thought they were getting Stepp and that he was "recruiting" others to play with him...until Purdue forced him to be an early signer. Then he fell back on his safety school, USC.

Can you elaborate on that? I think Brohm really wanted him to sign early and gave him an ultimatum. Stepp said he wanted to wait until February but now signs with USC? I don’t think USC was his safety school. I think USC was his main choice all along. 

Archived