Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I know,......I admit, I’m enjoying reading Michigan’s football message board. They are in complete melt down and are practically wanting Harbaugh’s head on a stick. Someone posted a wish list for potential coaches and several have chimed in wanting Tom Allen. Very flattering, but I honestly can’t see him leaving IU . Here is a few of many about CTA....enjoy.

CF5F615D-AD69-453F-94A5-F1182C30348C.png

21 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know, I know,......I admit, I’m enjoying reading Michigan’s football message board. They are in complete melt down and are practically wanting Harbaugh’s head on a stick. Someone posted a wish list for potential coaches and several have chimed in wanting Tom Allen. Very flattering, but I honestly can’t see him leaving IU . Here is a few of many about CTA....enjoy.

MI isn’t a great job. You can win 9-11 games each year but lose to OSU and nobody is happy. They are a long way from being competitive with OSU. They don’t attract near the talent level as OSU, especially speed on both sides of the ball

46 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Dream on boys. 

Losing him someday to an Alabama-level program, I could tolerate. Hell I wouldn't blame him. 

But if he's in the B10, there's no place Tom Allen wants to be more than B-Town. Not Ann Arbor. Not Columbus. Not State College. Ain't gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Anyone else not want to go to bed tonight because the phrase "IU beat Michigan in football today" is a true statement and it feels great to keep saying it? 

I'm going with "IU beat Penn State and Michigan this year". Figure I can bleed that one out until next September. 

It's always difficult on the way up. But this is a good football team! We have seen the close calls, the overtime games that went the other way, and the one play away games when we just didn't get it done. This feels different. This team can do some things. Maybe not OSU good, but really good nevertheless.

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I might have missed it in this thread but would like to remind every that Colonial Crester wasn’t here to see this one. 

I know it’s not really our place to say who this win was for. But maybe when we reflect back on this win. We should say this one was for him. 

He saw it. 

58 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

There are a lot of B1G fanbases unhappy with their coaches this year, especially today.  Michigan, PSU, Nebraska, MSU, Illinois, Minnesota, Maryland.  Some of those have move past their dislike for now, but there are a lot of B1G coaches in rocky positions.  And here we sit with probably one of the top 3 or 4 most stable coaching seats in the conference.

Just now, NYHoosier312 said:

I know IU extended CTA last off season but you got to think if IU keeps this up they may have to do it again this year.  He’s still towards the bottom of Big ten coaching salaries.  Mike Hart included.

With his contract, he automatically gets extended 1 year whenever we make a bowl, and gets a $100,000 raise.  He might get more raises, but at this rate, we won't have to worry about extending his contract for a long, long time.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/shawn-windsor/2020/11/07/michigan-wolverines-football-jim-harbaugh-indiana-hoosiers-ohio-state-buckeyes/6206711002/

"Think about what unfolded on Indiana’s last possession, up 17 points with five minutes and change left in the game, starting deep in their territory after an interception. 

All the Hoosiers did was line up and run the ball three times in a row. There was nothing the Wolverines could do, except call their last three timeouts in vain.  

They were overpowered Saturday afternoon. Blown off the ball.  

U-M couldn’t run. Or stop the run, at least late in the game. Or pressure the Hoosiers’ gifted quarterback, Michael Penix Jr."

45 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-completely-outclassed-in-first-loss-to-indiana-since-1987-204813657.html

"Indiana was better in every facet of the game.

Tom Allen is an early candidate for Big Ten Coach of the Year"

Makes me laugh when I remember Purdue fans saying Brohm would never lose to that high school coach. 

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

The best text I got last night was from my IUFB critic  brother-in-law who sent a clip of a maskless Darth Vader clinging to life from the end of Return Of The Jedi that said."Tell your sister...You were riiiiiiight...."

People are going to say the same thing about Archie this year. I feel a very good season coming.

10 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I was about 6 months old last time IU beat Michigan so I don’t remember that game. 

I was in Greenland. 

We had three 2 man crews there. The guy on my crew was from Pennsylvania and a PSU fan...of course they weren't in the B10 at that time. One of the other crews had a guy from Janesville, Ohio who was a big OSU fan, and his partner was from Alpena, Michigan. They argued all the time about football. My first weekend there, IU beat OSU and 2 weeks later beat the Wolverines. 

It was gonna be Rose Bowl time until we laid an egg against MSU...

Archived