Michigan State

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving this IU team, really enjoyable to watch. Penix will leave a few throws up there that could cost us at times, but the team is really coming together. Really hope they come out and crush MSU! No reason why they shouldn’t, but OSU is the following and can have sort of a let down game.

Very exciting times for this program and team!

I am so impressed with the size and catching ability of our receivers. Secondly the take aways. Just heard CTA say that they stress it every single day and do stations to work on how to strip, to punch, to tomahawk the ball away and then how to get on it and gain possession. The attention to details are finally showing now that he has the talent to do it. 

I think we match up really well against the MSU offense and Lombardi.  He isn't very mobile (longest rush this season is 7 yards), and he makes some bad throws (5 interceptions this year, and 10 interceptions to 9 TD career).

Our DL hasn't gotten a lot of sacks, but they've done a good job against the run, and they've done a good job of eating up blockers for our blitzes.  We seem to have had a ton of blitzes get to the QB so far this year.

We really need to keep putting pressure on other teams.  I think with our timely blitzes and our DBs, we should be able to turn MSU over at least twice.  If we can do that, I don't think they stand a chance.  I like this matchup for us.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Anyone worried for tomorrow?

Normal times I say absolutely. We've all followed great teams as IU fans. Just in another sport. Always those games where we should just show up and win. This group though has a different edge. I don't see them slowing down a bit. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Normal times I say absolutely. We've all followed great teams as IU fans. Just in another sport. Always those games where we should just show up and win. This group though has a different edge. I don't see them slowing down a bit. 

We also don't have any obvious places teams can take advantage of us.

Our OL has struggled, but our quick passes against MSU last year and UM last week help with that. Otherwise, we don't have a specific area that teams can work us over like in the past.

I'm sure it will happen at some point, but we haven't really lost games we should win the last few years. For the most part we've been taking care of business.

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Anyone worried for tomorrow?

I'm always worried for IU football games, but I think this is a good matchup for us. Their QB isn't mobile which is the main thing our defense has really struggled with. He's also turnover prone which we've been really good at forcing.

I think we can put up some points, and I don't think they'll be able to score enough on our defense.

I also think Tucker sucks.

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm always worried for IU football games, but I think this is a good matchup for us. Their QB isn't mobile which is the main thing our defense has really struggled with. He's also turnover prone which we've been really good at forcing.

I think we can put up some points, and I don't think they'll be able to score enough on our defense.

I also think Tucker sucks.

Was he the starter last year?

Archived