Michigan State

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Is he not good?

He's not very good at all.  5 interceptions to 6 touchdowns this year.  10 interceptions to 9 touchdowns career.

He played decent against Michigan's crappy secondary.  Against Michigan, no interceptions, and he wasn't sacked.  Against Iowa and Rutgers, 5 sacks, 5 interceptions.  With the blitzes we've been bringing this year, I have faith that we can get at least a couple sacks.  If we can get some pressure on him, he'll make some bad throws.  For his career, he only completes 50% of passes, and 58% this year.  He also isn't mobile at all and his longest run of the year is 7 yards.

They're only average 78 yards rushing per game with a 2.2 average, so their running game isn't a huge threat.  Their defense isn't very good either.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I would bet big on us to cover.  I really don't see where they're going to beat us unless we beat ourselves which we've been doing a great job of avoiding, and they don't do a good job creating turnovers.  I like us by at least 2 scores, and I wouldn't be at all surprised with a blowout.

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

He's not very good at all.  5 interceptions to 6 touchdowns this year.  10 interceptions to 9 touchdowns career.

He played decent against Michigan's crappy secondary.  Against Michigan, no interceptions, and he wasn't sacked.  Against Iowa and Rutgers, 5 sacks, 5 interceptions.  With the blitzes we've been bringing this year, I have faith that we can get at least a couple sacks.  If we can get some pressure on him, he'll make some bad throws.  For his career, he only completes 50% of passes, and 58% this year.  He also isn't mobile at all and his longest run of the year is 7 yards.

They're only average 78 yards rushing per game with a 2.2 average, so their running game isn't a huge threat.  Their defense isn't very good either.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I would bet big on us to cover.  I really don't see where they're going to beat us unless we beat ourselves which we've been doing a great job of avoiding, and they don't do a good job creating turnovers.  I like us by at least 2 scores, and I wouldn't be at all surprised with a blowout.

Good analysis 

Archived