RIP Alex Trebek

IUFLA

I always said that if I ever got on Jeopardy, my little personal anecdote to Alex was that his voice put my son to sleep. 

My older son was extremely colicy and hard to get to sleep, and my wife was working nights at the time. So on the nights I was putting him to sleep, which took awhile, I needed something to watch that was guaranteed not to have any sudden loud noises. So I made sure to always have a backlog of Jeopardy episodes recorded. 

RIP Alex

It's been a hard week for mile.  First... we learn that Eric.  Founder of Hoosier Sports Nation passed away last Sunday.  And now... on Sunday, again.... we learn that Alex has been called up to heaven to join with Eric.  It's as if GOD is calling all his good people up to join him in heaven.

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's been a hard week for mile.  First... we learn that Eric.  Founder of Hoosier Sports Nation passed away last Sunday.  And now... on Sunday, again.... we learn that Alex has been called up to heaven to join with Eric.  It's as if GOD is calling all his good people up to join him in heaven.

Been a rough couple weeks. Lost my brother Don, two weeks ago, my high school cross country and track coach a week ago and my oldest brother Dick early Saturday morning.  There were 5 Guy boys and I am the last one standing.

We were on our way to Alabama to see him and got stuck in traffic for 3 hours around Nashville, Tenn. He passed away shortly before we got there.

2020 has been a (xxxxxxxxx) kind of year.

39 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Been a rough couple weeks. Lost my brother Don, two weeks ago, my high school cross country and track coach a week ago and my oldest brother Dick early Saturday morning.  There were 5 Guy boys and I am the last one standing.

We were on our way to Alabama to see him and got stuck in traffic for 3 hours around Nashville, Tenn. He passed away shortly before we got there.

Sorry for your losses Jeff.  

59 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Praying for you, Jeff...that's a rougher stretch than anybody deserves...

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Very sorry to hear about your losses.  My deepest condolences.  

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I always said that if I ever got on Jeopardy, my little personal anecdote to Alex was that his voice put my son to sleep. 

My older son was extremely colicy and hard to get to sleep, and my wife was working nights at the time. So on the nights I was putting him to sleep, which took awhile, I needed something to watch that was guaranteed not to have any sudden loud noises. So I made sure to always have a backlog of Jeopardy episodes recorded. 

RIP Alex

Good to see ya! Welcome back to the crazies 🤪

13 hours ago, jefftheref said:

My heart breaks for you.  YOU and I have been friends for years.  Though we have never met.  I consider you part of the family.

Never met Eric.  Though we talked a lot over the years.... on the phone.  Will never forget his week from hell.  When he flew out to the East Coast to watch his father die.  And then.... within a matter of days.... his father in law passed away.

Hoosier Sports Nation is a sports board. However. It is more than that.  It's where people like you, and so many more come together.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

My heart breaks for you.  YOU and I have been friends for years.  Though we have never met.  I consider you part of the family.

Never met Eric.  Though we talked a lot over the years.... on the phone.  Will never forget his week from hell.  When he flew out to the East Coast to watch his father die.  And then.... within a matter of days.... his father in law passed away.

Hoosier Sports Nation is a sports board. However. It is more than that.  It's where people like you, and so many more come together.

Thank you my friend and I feel the exact same thing about you. All if my brother's have passed. You my friend are my brother emeritus!

8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Thank you my friend and I feel the exact same thing about you. All if my brother's have passed. You my friend are my brother emeritus!

My prayers to you.  One time my mother had 2 sisters die 10 hours apart and it was a tough time.  She was from a family of 9 and she is the last one living.  I just hope you can gain strength through this tough times and come thorugh it stronger.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My prayers to you.  One time my mother had 2 sisters die 10 hours apart and it was a tough time.  She was from a family of 9 and she is the last one living.  I just hope you can gain strength through this tough times and come thorugh it stronger.

Thank you Scott. I hope all is well with you my friend.

Archived