Mustapha Amzil committed to Dayton.

Vincent14

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

Not sure your source but The Daily Hoosier reported he had these offers as of 2 weeks ago.

DePaul, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, N.C. State, Maryland, St. Johns, Boston College, Oklahoma State, Dayton, and Pittsburgh have all offered Amzil to this point, with several other top programs reportedly showing interest.

his statement of the ranking is correct as is your statement of his offers

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Here are some highlights. He's got really good size and shooting form. 

Can they get a couple more lines on the court?! Lol We have plenty of scholarships and I don’t know why getting foreign kids to come to IU has been so hard...so anything that opens up the door to more foreign players is good enough for me. Why should Gonzaga get them all.

doesn't look 6'9"/6'10" in the vids, but it does look like he has some ability

23 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

Not sure your source but The Daily Hoosier reported he had these offers as of 2 weeks ago.

DePaul, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, N.C. State, Maryland, St. Johns, Boston College, Oklahoma State, Dayton, and Pittsburgh have all offered Amzil to this point, with several other top programs reportedly showing interest.

his statement of the ranking is correct as is your statement of his offers

I’m not going to sit here and say he will be a stud because I have no idea.  I’ve never seen him play other than some grainy video that makes Zapruder look like it’s in 4K.  But, recruiting is an area where fans are typically not in a position to do a proper evaluation. For one, we aren’t talking to the kid.  A player’s makeup is huge.   Is he self centered or will he run through a wall for you?  We might be able to glean a bit from interviews but we are functioning with limited info and a lot of misinformation.  

This is why Archie makes the big bucks.  Literally.  This is his job to figure out whether the guy could be Lauri Markkenan or he’s in the Jessan Ashley Grey or David Williams zone.  He will be judged by his own W’s and L’s and time will tell us whether this becomes a panic Tim Priller move or astute.  

None of us are in a position to know right now.  I have found that judging a player on a small sample size can absolutely slaughter you.  I’ve written off people or liked others and whiffed because of a snap decision.  Live and learn.  Players can develop.  That’s the job of the coach to project what he could be.  

From what little I know, he gives me a vibe of a rotational big that a guy like Pitino (Rick) would have.  As much as we despise him as a person off the court and cheater on it, in terms of system, he had some things to like.  He’s an order of magnitude better than Cal.  One thing I liked is he’d have literally 4 guys 6’9 or taller rotating in.  Remember he had an Egyptian big at the end? This young man could be a useful solid piece like that, but I’m admittedly not going off much.  

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yes just so much to be positive about around IU basketball... picked 8th again in the Big Ten. At least its not 9th. 🍺

Didn't realized the season started because some of you act like the season is over already.  Who cares where they are ranked in the pte season because it means nothing.  I still think they will finish 5th in the conference and be a top 20 team nationally

Archived