New WR

BeerBQ

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess I would be confused why he didn't have 2? 

Is the NCAA saying you have 6 years to play 5, or are they saying this year doesn't count for anybody.  If he has 6 years to play 5, he'd have 2 left since he already decided to sit out this year.  If they don't count this year for anybody he'd only have 1 year left since he's already played 3 seasons before this year.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Is the NCAA saying you have 6 years to play 5, or are they saying this year doesn't count for anybody.  If he has 6 years to play 5, he'd have 2 left since he already decided to sit out this year.  If they don't count this year for anybody he'd only have 1 year left since he's already played 3 seasons before this year.

Ahhhh now I understand. This year is a freebie... or could be looked at like that. I understand now. 

I'm unsure of the wording. 

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Good chance he gets 3-4 weeks of practice with us even before the spring though.. December practices. 

I'll just add that Tom Allen's message is spreading. Getting kids out of high school is one thing but when you pluck former close to 5 star WR's from Florida St when other schools were involved?? Just huge. All these kids know who Penix is....and as others have said. Love getting the local kids but when in doubt.....I'll take Florida talent/speed,etc....all day long. 

Archived