GOATS

milehiiu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, rico said:

Ali

Good one. 

Jim Gray who started out as a sportscaster in Denver.... had his first interview with Ali.  And before Ali's death.... was honored to have Ali's last interview.... who called Gray his GOAT.

Jim Gray Reveals First Big Interview Was Muhammad Ali Shares Moment EsNews Boxing 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. I always forget Wilt....but I typically go titles in greatest. Same way I forget Oscar which would have me disowned from 50% of my family. 

I figure titles in, but my criteria is how thoroughly an athlete dominated the competition he or she was facing.

Babe Ruth hit more home runs than any other team in the American League in 1920 (and only the Phillies out homered The Bambino in the NL).

Wilt scored 50 points of more 118 times...that's more than the 5 players who follow him on the list (Jordan, Bryant, Harden, Baylor and Barry) combined.

Amazing...

55 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Takeru Kobayashi, greatest hot dog eater of all time. 

Seriously though. 

Bo Jackson would be in the running if not for the hip injury. Amazing athletic ability.

Gonna have to disagree with you on the greatest hot dog eater of all time.

Joey Chestnut sets world record downing 75 hot dogs in Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 

On the other hand. Bo excelled in two sports.  Recall two thing from his playing baseball.  Breaking a bat over his leg. And running up a wall... and running up a wall after making a catch.

OAK@CWS: Bo Jackson breaks bat over his knee 

Bo scales the wall in Baltimore 

And then there was this :

Bo Jackson's Iconic 91-Yard TD & Into The Tunnel! 

And I said this in another thread, greatest football player ever? Walter Payton. He could do everything, including kicking and punting. 

Greatest running back? Jim Brown...and to me, it's not close. Won the rushing title 8 out of 9 years, averaged over 5 yards per carry, and ran for over 1,800 yards in a 14 games season.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Gonna have to disagree with you on the greatest hot dog eater of all time.

Joey Chestnut sets world record downing 75 hot dogs in Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 

On the other hand. Bo excelled in two sports.  Recall two thing from his playing baseball.  Breaking a bat over his leg. And running up a wall... I think at Wrigley to snag a catch.

Ah, forgot about Joey. 

In college did a gallon milk in a hour challenge while eating hot wings. The aftermath was not pleasant.

Archived