GOATS

milehiiu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Gonna have to disagree with you on the greatest hot dog eater of all time.

Joey Chestnut sets world record downing 75 hot dogs in Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 

On the other hand. Bo excelled in two sports.  Recall two thing from his playing baseball.  Breaking a bat over his leg. And running up a wall... and running up a wall after making a catch.

OAK@CWS: Bo Jackson breaks bat over his knee 

Bo scales the wall in Baltimore 

And then there was this :

Bo Jackson's Iconic 91-Yard TD & Into The Tunnel! 

I agree with Chestnut he has taken that competitive eating to a whole new level 

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And I said this in another thread, greatest football player ever? Walter Payton. He could do everything, including kicking and punting. 

Greatest running back? Jim Brown...and to me, it's not close. Won the rushing title 8 out of 9 years, averaged over 5 yards per carry, and ran for over 1,800 yards in a 14 games season.

You forgot Sweetness PASSING for 8 touchdowns!

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Swimming.

An IU grad.... Mark Spitz.  Or Michael Phelps ?

Sadly I think Phelps has passed him. 

In the same area I’d throw out Lilly King. She’s the WR holder, Olympic champ, and won her first 30 races in the new pro swimming league. 

59 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Sadly I think Phelps has passed him. 

In the same area I’d throw out Lilly King. She’s the WR holder, Olympic champ, and won her first 30 races in the new pro swimming league. 

I love Lilly King.  However, my fav lady woman swimmer is Amy Van Dyken.  Winner of six Olympic gold medals.  Who was one of two Olympic stars that trained my son.... which helped him win a state championship in high school.

Archived