Deron Davis- The Ghost

hoosier10

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely agree, although De'Ron would go a long way to helping himself (easier said than done) if he could iron out his free throws.The empty trips when he gets fouled hurt. 

Archie alluded in his post-game presser Monday that the plan was to pound inside and then all of a sudden the guards started dribbling too much and bombing away, going completely away from the plan. Then the turnover brigade kicked in and it became a transition game. Not a recipe for De'Ron to thrive. 

Archie could have solved that problem by benching the guards that were not following the script.  And, I don't care if that reached so many guys that Morgan ended up having to play the point.  Play a lineup of Morgan, McRoberts, Hartman, Davis, and Smith for 5 minutes, and if that doesn't get the attention of the guards, then at least Archie knows what he's dealing with.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Archie could have solved that problem by benching the guards that were not following the script.  And, I don't care if that reached so many guys that Morgan ended up having to play the point.  Play a lineup of Morgan, McRoberts, Hartman, Davis, and Smith for 5 minutes, and if that doesn't get the attention of the guards, then at least Archie knows what he's dealing with.  

Give some minutes to a walk on guard. Maybe this team needs a shot of Jager? :cheers:

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly wouldn't hate to see that lineup against a team bombing away from 3.  Tons of length and 4 of those guys are mobile enough combined with their length to make it hard to shoot threes. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I honestly wouldn't hate to see that lineup against a team bombing away from 3.  Tons of length and 4 of those guys are mobile enough combined with their length to make it hard to shoot threes. 

It’s strange that Smith has almost completely fallen out of the rotation.  He only gets 2 minutes in a blowout loss to IPFW?

I think DeRon will come out of this funk.  Do I think he's a little slow laterally?  Yes, but he will probably turn our to be a solid 4 year player for us. It is odd though, seems kids in the recent years, guys either go pro or flame out. Where are all the AJ Guyton, Brian Evans, Tom Coverdale guys at anymore?  Solid 4 years players that brought it every night.

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Corrected!  He was right.  It cut the lead down to 1.

Thank you, sir. Still a critical shot at a critical time. Even more so, considering the amount of time, De'Ron was on the bench, prior to that shot.  Forgive me. But I have seen a lot of basketball. And have seen many a player give the ball up in those types of situations. 

In the long run De'Ron will be fine.  With that said, these players need get their act together...stop going to Kilroys or whatever they're doing cause they look tired and a step slow...Oh and we need to just give up on the seniors.  They've been in Crean's system too long and can't adjust -- my goodness, how many times have we seen critical turnovers from Newkirk and Johnson in critical times?  One moment it's an intercepted pass at the top of the key during critical late game moments, and the next moment one of them is catching the ball out of bounds.

2 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Davis will be fine once he is surrounded by more athletes. Unfortunately this squad can't cover his lack of athleticism...  First post! Just throwing my opinion in :)

So, in another thread I suggested that another poster was a bit cranky, and that maybe he should spend some time with his wife (wink, wink). 

Based on your username, can I send him your way?:D

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

So, in another thread I suggested that another poster was a bit cranky, and that maybe he should spend some time with his wife (wink, wink). 

Based on your username, can I send him your way?:D

😂😂 The name does raise some eyebrows, but I actually breed exotic reptiles as a hobby.... Only slightly PG

Archived