2020-21 Player Previews Thread

I won't start a new thread for each player, but I'll edit this post to add updates as they are developed over the next 10 days.

Added a fun wrinkle to these with a projected stat line for each player.  Should make for some good discussion:

Khristian Lander

Trey Galloway

Anthony Leal

Jordan Geronimo

Armaan Franklin

Trayce Jackson-Davis

Jerome Hunter

Rob Phinisee

Race Thompson

Joey Brunk

Al Durham

Great breakdowns as always.  Interesting to me that Leal has been branded as a knockdown shooter while Lander really hasn’t, but Lander shot a better percentage from three last season than Leal did.  And I don’t think I realized Galloway averaged 20 ppg last season either.  I’m expecting decent contributions from all of them.

I think your projections are pretty spot on, but I’m expecting more from Lander.  Phinisee averaged about 7 ppg in 27 mpg his freshman year.  I think Lander should be a fair bit more productive than that — closer to 12 ppg and 30 mpg would be nice.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

Great breakdowns as always.  Interesting to me that Leal has been branded as a knockdown shooter while Lander really hasn’t, but Lander shot a better percentage from three last season than Leal did.  And I don’t think I realized Galloway averaged 20 ppg last season either.  I’m expecting decent contributions from all of them.

I think your projections are pretty spot on, but I’m expecting more from Lander.  Phinisee averaged about 7 ppg in 27 mpg his freshman year.  I think Lander should be a fair bit more productive than that — closer to 12 ppg and 30 mpg would be nice.

Thanks.  I think your projection for Lander is within the realm of possible, but that would be a damn good season for him considering his age.  I think what could be more likely is if he averaged that over his last 10 games.  I think the difference between him and Phinisee's freshmen years is that IU didn't have another PG when Rob was a freshman.

Archived