MSU postgame

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah surprised we kept going for it on 4th down in the third and forth quarter instead of making it a 4 score lead. 24/3=8 Not sure why we kept passing up on points. I know field position MSU couldn’t move it but points are points.

I was perplexed by that as well.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Not that...trying to make it a four score game.

With the lead we already had at the time ? Sorry... I had no problem working time off the clock.  DId you not notice that Coach Allen had his team take a knee at the the end of game.... rather than run up the score ?

4-0! Great defensive effort all game. 24-0 and it wasn't even that close. Leave it all on the field next week against O$U and see where we are. Win or lose next week, as long as team plays hard and keeps it competitive, no complaints from me. I have been really impressed by coach Allen and the entire team this season. Go Hoosiers!!

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Working time off the clock is not a bad idea.

Going for it on 4th and goal doesn't run much time of the clock. They did that twice instead of taking the fg.

I'm guessing the thought was more along the lines of it'll either be a td or MSU will have terrible field position, worse than they'd get from a kickoff after a fg. I'd rather they had taken the points.

This could help them next week, though, if they line up on 4th down trying to draw OSU offside. Shows they might not be bluffing.

Archived