MSU postgame

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

With the lead we already had at the time ? Sorry... I had no problem working time off the clock.  DId you not notice that Coach Allen had his team take a knee at the the end of game.... rather than run up the score ?

I really liked we took a knee at the end. Shows class and a respect for your opponent. You won the game the final number doesn’t matter. 
I remember Tiller throwing a 60 yard touch down bomb against us with one minute I believe to go in the game. When he was leading by 40 or more points. I thought he was a classless coach after that and my opinion of him has never changed. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Definitely not that. He’s going to graduate next month. 

Maybe the weather and the chance of the field being torn up kept him out?

Seems like he's been a game day decision about a dozen times the last 2 years and not played though, so until I see him on the field again, I'm not going to believe he actually wants to play this year.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I wanna think that we became more conservative in our play calling in the second half because we want to hold back some things from Ohio State. 

I gotta believe that Sheridan has stuff to get Whop and Ellis more touches.

We didn’t need the points today. Save them for next week 

Yes, my thinking as well.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I called. No word yet.

Here is from last year :

Thomas Allen out for the year with shoulder injury

Thanks for sharing, Mile. This reminds me of how important team 'culture' is. IU football team is a full of underdogs, yet they've been beating higher echelon teams this season, which was only possible with strong sense of responsibility and love/care for one another. I'm very impressed with Coach Allen. He's a true leader and a role model before he's a coach. 

I'm not sure what to think.  We apparently really missed the two offensive linemen.  Hope they are back next week.  IU will need everyone against Ohio State.  If MSU was not so weak offensively and some of those easy TO's hadn't happened, the first half, with our own TO's, would have been very messy.  We need to be able to run consistently. The second half?  I have no clue why/how IU did not score any more points.  Penix, with all of the good things he sometimes does, still, it seems to me, has trouble when he is pressed.  And he will be pressed next week.  I hope the defense is really as good as they seemed to be today (even though running QB's still seem to give them trouble).  They will be severely tested next week.

Overall, I'm still unsure as to how good IU is right now.  Guess we'll find out next week.  Just give OSU a good, close game instead of getting blown out, or, who knows, maybe even win, and then the sky's the limit.

1 hour ago, IUguy said:

I'm not sure what to think.  We apparently really missed the two offensive linemen.  Hope they are back next week.  IU will need everyone against Ohio State.  If MSU was not so weak offensively and some of those easy TO's hadn't happened, the first half, with our own TO's, would have been very messy.  We need to be able to run consistently. The second half?  I have no clue why/how IU did not score any more points.  Penix, with all of the good things he sometimes does, still, it seems to me, has trouble when he is pressed.  And he will be pressed next week.  I hope the defense is really as good as they seemed to be today (even though running QB's still seem to give them trouble).  They will be severely tested next week.

Overall, I'm still unsure as to how good IU is right now.  Guess we'll find out next week.  Just give OSU a good, close game instead of getting blown out, or, who knows, maybe even win, and then the sky's the limit.

A weapon that hasn't been used had been Penix's legs.  Sure, by design, but might be a tool next week.

Also, getting Whop and Ellis more touches.  Furthermore, it would be interesting to have James and Scott out there together at times.

Tightends have to come up with catches, and that has not been consistent.

Oh, as announcers stated, Penix's footwork gets him in trouble.  We have noticed him taking a little zip of the ball and better footwork will help with accuracy.

Much more fun to critique a unit that is putting up yards and making plays.  Future is bright.  

Archived