Tournament in Indy

ThatGuy

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

The metropolitan area may be defined large enough to include IU, PU,... Dayton?...

Plenty of big high school gyms in the area and I would Iove it to be in New castle and allow fans because I would be there.  I have not had a chance to go to the tournament  since 2003 because they pretty much priced me out of going.  I use to go every year in Indy when they have the first and second round.  The first year in 89 the total cost was $48 for all sessions.  the Last time in 2003 the cost was $135 for all sessions.  The last time we had it here I checked and the cheapest  I saw was like $300 for all sessions.

Skillman Court at Nicoson Hall, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Lucas Oil Stadium, plus Assembly Hall 50 minutes outside of Indy. PU to the north. If there is no crowd to move, it makes the turn over much faster. Indy would be a perfect city for a single city tournament.

3 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

Skillman Court at Nicoson Hall, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Lucas Oil Stadium, plus Assembly Hall 50 minutes outside of Indy. PU to the north. If there is no crowd to move, it makes the turn over much faster. Indy would be a perfect city for a single city tournament.

Just do it Gus Macker style in the Lucas Oil parking lot 

C7E2A7CA-3C61-4DA4-A02D-12676E7F1694.png

On 11/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, 5fouls said:

A little extra pressure for the Hoosiers to make the tournament.  It's entirely possible that none of the other D1 schools make it this year.  How embarrassing would it be for the state to hose the entire tournament and not have a single team in it.

If that happens, then the state will have certainly hosed the tournament.

😀

On 11/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, rico said:

This could be the "wave" of the future.  

Well this is only because there are no fans at the games. Otherwise they wouldn’t do it this way. I’m not sure how many basketball floors they can fit in the convention center but a ton of games could be held there simultaneously. They don’t even need to go to the surrounding gyms necessarily. Just throw a curtain between the floors and it’s AAU basketball essentially.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well this is only because there are no fans at the games. Otherwise they wouldn’t do it this way. I’m not sure how many basketball floors they can fit in the convention center but a ton of games could be held there simultaneously. They don’t even need to go to the surrounding gyms necessarily. Just throw a curtain between the floors and it’s AAU basketball essentially.

I would not want two games going on in the same building at the same time.  I watch some of the summer games and you hear whistles from the other game and I think it is distracting.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope the hell not.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would not want two games going on in the same building at the same time.  I watch some of the summer games and you hear whistles from the other game and I think it is distracting.

Oh yeah but I’m sure NCAA can filter a lot of that out with their broadcast. I would be surprised if they didn’t do this to some extent. Kinda like the nba bubble they had multiple games at the same time while they were finishing up the regular season.

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, I think Hinkle is going to be part of the NCAA plans as well.  The NCAA will need multiple arenas until the Final Four.  The Boys tournament championships are before the Final Four (I believe Elite 8 weekend).

IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Fort Wayne?

Archived