Tournament in Indy

ThatGuy

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh yeah but I’m sure NCAA can filter a lot of that out with their broadcast. I would be surprised if they didn’t do this to some extent. Kinda like the nba bubble they had multiple games at the same time while they were finishing up the regular season.

The NBA never had two games going on at the same time in the same arena.  I think they would use BLF, Hinkle, The Coliseum at the fairgrounds.  Since there are 9 D1 teams in the state there are plenty of arenas to choose. Also with so many big high school gyms in the state there are plenty of places to hold games.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Fort Wayne?

They would make every attempt to have it as centralized as possible, which would likely eliminate Forty Wayne and South Bend.  Purdue smells bad, so I would vote for Bloomington. 

I'm hoping fans will be able to go and that I will have a reason to.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

ISU? The Hulman Center isnt bad. 

Went to an Indiana St/Illinois St matchup there when Eddie Bird was on the Sycamores.

And, your right...The Human Center isn't bad...Terre Haute is though (and I was born there and still have a truckload of relatives that live there)...

Just now, IUFLA said:

Went to an Indiana St/Illinois St matchup there when Eddie Bird was on the Sycamores.

And, your right...The Human Center isn't bad...Terre Haute is though (and I was born there and still have a truckload of relatives that live there)...

My son went to ISU for a year and I think they had just remodeled it so it looked pretty good.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've been there a couple times. Just thinking it's only about 45 mins due west of Indy. 

There is a reason I call it Terrible Haute.  Whenever we visit the wifes parents it's either TH and 500 stoplights or route 1 in Illinois.  

I would be very surprised if the NCAA plan leaves Marion County.  You only need 8 sites.  Banker's Life, Lucas Oil, Hinkle, IUPUI, Convention Center (with limited fans, probably could do 2-3 games here at a time), Fairgrounds, Southport High, etc,  I don't see any sites outside Indy hosting NCAA, but one of them may need to pick up the High School tournament finals.

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been there a couple times. Just thinking it's only about 45 mins due west of Indy. 

There is a reason I call it Terrible Haute.  Whenever we visit the wifes parents it's either TH and 500 stoplights or route 1 in Illinois.  

I thought it was more like an hour, but...

I had an uncle who was known for having a lead foot. Back when the speed limit was 55 everywhere, he said he was heading eastbound on I-70 from Terre Haute to Indy. He said he was doing about 70 and got pulled over by a State Patrolman. The officer walked up to his window and asked him how fast he was going. My uncle answered "70" then pointed to an I-70 sign that was nearby and said, smiling, "That's the limit here, right?"

To which the officer, also smiling, said, "Man, I'm glad I got to you before you got to 465!" 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I thought it was more like an hour, but...

I had an uncle who was known for having a lead foot. Back when the speed limit was 55 everywhere, he said he was heading eastbound on I-70 from Terre Haute to Indy. He said he was doing about 70 and got pulled over by a State Patrolman. The officer walked up to his window and asked him how fast he was going. My uncle answered "70" then pointed to an I-70 sign that was nearby and said, smiling, "That's the limit here, right?"

To which the officer, also smiling, said, "Man, I'm glad I got to you before you got to 465!" 

I live 20 minutes east of Indy and it took me about 1.45 hours to drive to TH

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I would be very surprised if the NCAA plan leaves Marion County.  You only need 8 sites.  Banker's Life, Lucas Oil, Hinkle, IUPUI, Convention Center (with limited fans, probably could do 2-3 games here at a time), Fairgrounds, Southport High, etc,  I don't see any sites outside Indy hosting NCAA, but one of them may need to pick up the High School tournament finals.

New Castle for the HS finals?  I think that would be cool.

Archived