Fans at games?

the football team is proof that fans aren't needed to generate excitement around the program.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to allow fans into games given the trends we are now seeing of increased numbers.

Imagine the negative PR IU would get if a huge outbreak occurred. Think about games getting cancelled just because fans were in the stands.

I'd rather watch a full season without fans than open the door to the possibility of missing games due to fan attendance.

Saw an article in local paper that the Marion County Department of Health has approved a plan to use up to 25% of Hinkle Fieldhouse capacity for their 11/25 home opener. Fans requi to wear masks, undergo temperature checks, be socially distanced and use specified gates for enry & exit.

Season tickets will not be sold this year but season ticket holders will have first option to purchase tickets in blocks of 2-4 games.

What are the odds of this holding up?

24 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Saw an article in local paper that the Marion County Department of Health has approved a plan to use up to 25% of Hinkle Fieldhouse capacity for their 11/25 home opener. Fans requi to wear masks, undergo temperature checks, be socially distanced and use specified gates for enry & exit.

Season tickets will not be sold this year but season ticket holders will have first option to purchase tickets in blocks of 2-4 games.

What are the odds of this holding up?

If I had to guess? It will absolutely hold up unless there's a huge spike again and if I can make it work I'm absolutely going to take in a game. Don't want to turn this into a corona thread but people face more danger at the grocery store in the beer aisle. 

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Don't know for sure where it is coming from, but yes, the Big Ten would be my guess.

I swear those folks in Rosemont just need to step out of the way with their we know what's good for you better than you do attitude. No reason in the world Assembly Hall can't have 3-4k fans along with the band spaced out at games this year. 

Archived