Big 10 Schedule

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First glance.4 out of 5 away games in 14 days with lone Home game vs Purdue is a tough stretch. Single plays didn't work out well. With projected bottom teams we have 4 single plays vs them in Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio St, and Penn St with 2 being on road at Nebraska and at Ohio St. 

Probably not enough time to digest yet. Some tough stretches in there for sure.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I like Purdue’s too. Only play Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin once each. 

That's a gift as well. Haven't looked at your schedule yet. People ask on this board why Archie/Hoosiers can't finish in top 6 this year? Take a look at schedule. Only team in league that has projected top 5 of 6 in double plays......and single plays with bottom 4 of 5. Brutal draw for us. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's a gift as well. Haven't looked at your schedule yet. People ask on this board why Archie/Hoosiers can't finish in top 6 this year? Take a look at schedule. Only team in league that has projected top 5 of 6 in double plays......and single plays with bottom 4 of 5. Brutal draw for us. 

Yep it is for us especially with Hunter being out for some of those early games more than likely. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Take a look at Illinois and Purdue schedule compared to who we play. It's almost a 3-4 game swing. Just something think on as we go along this year. 

Well I just get tired of the fans complaining about schedules.  In football all we ever hear us complaining about what division we are in.  Just beat the teams that is in the schedule and not worry about btjings we don't control

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I just get tired of the fans complaining about schedules.  In football all we ever hear us complaining about what division we are in.  Just beat the teams that is in the schedule and not worry about btjings we don't control

I get it and for the most part agree with your sentiments....but when you look at projected top teams (on paper) vs where we are (projected) this is a 3-4 win difference in scheduling. Shoot. Sparty got single games vs Illinois and Wisconsin and both are at home. Being consistent is all I ask. This isn't.

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

First read through I said 12-8. Second read through I said 10-10, so I’ll split it and say 11-9. 

Exactly where I was. Started at 12-8 and started playing around with things given some of the travel and close games vs elite teams of conference. I'm right in that 11 range right now at best. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Exactly where I was. Started at 12-8 and started playing around with things given some of the travel and close games vs elite teams of conference. I'm right in that 11 range right now at best. 

I’m usually too optimistic my first time through and then have to go back without the IU glasses on. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little that 12-8 was my optimistic number.  

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good to see the excuses are already incoming. Great way to not to be scheduled 9 games against the top 5 is to be one of those top 5. 

Archived