Greatest Men's Basketball Programs of all time.....

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Some won't agree with the last sentence about Archie

Not me, it’s factually accurate.

The measuring kicks into gear this year, fair or not, he’s getting measured for real impact now.

On the article, no problem with the others but Ville at 6 and disregarding it’s vacated season is just wrong 

6 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Please Jerome show us what you got. It's about time you start showing your true potential. 

BTW, it could be just me, but I'm not sad Justin left. Of course, I wish him the best and wish him have a good pro career after college. 

What? Hunter loses a whole year to a bad health condition, comes back a redshirt frosh after losing a whole year, by end of year is contributing significantly and shooting plus 40 percent from deep and you post, in response to a parent’s post, it’s about time? Please think before you post 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Really looking forward to watching Jerome show this year 

Said it before and will again. If you did not know which was Romeo and which was Jerome or would not have been able to tell by their play going into their freshmen season.  Once it all comes back together I still feel he will be playing in the NBA.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What? Hunter loses a whole year to a bad health condition, comes back a redshirt frosh after losing a whole year, by end of year is contributing significantly and shooting plus 40 percent from deep and you post, in response to a parent’s post, it’s about time? Please think before you post 

You said it yourself that he started contributing significantly. So he would probably be better this season, right? And our team really needs him.

I don't know maybe my post sounded negatively, but that wasn't my intention. Lot of us talked about his pro potential, and I believe he's got the physical tools and skills to be a successful pro. If he's what a lot of us believe he is, I think it's time we'd see that. I don't think he'd score more than TJD, but he could well be a second option for the team with providing good defense. Don't you think?

31 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

You said it yourself that he started contributing significantly. So he would probably be better this season, right? And our team really needs him.

I don't know maybe my post sounded negatively, but that wasn't my intention. Lot of us talked about his pro potential, and I believe he's got the physical tools and skills to be a successful pro. If he's what a lot of us believe he is, I think it's time we'd see that. I don't think he'd score more than TJD, but he could well be a second option for the team with providing good defense. Don't you think?

The wording “it’s about time” is what threw  me — from that wording it sounds like a negative comment on his play last season — I see now you didn’t mean that negatively — thx 

Justin Smith underrated? Nah.  He could fill a stat sheet but his driving and outside shooting left a lot to be desired.  With some of the things he (supposedly) said, I'm not really sorry he moved on.  IU should gain both in efficiency and chemistry.

Jerome...now that young man I'm really looking forward to watching blossom.  Not hard to root for a young man who's overcome what he did...send it in, Jerome!!!

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Said it before and will again. If you did not know which was Romeo and which was Jerome or would not have been able to tell by their play going into their freshmen season.  Once it all comes back together I still feel he will be playing in the NBA.

Having to come back from an entire lost year — not even practicing — and as a frosh, from a serious health issue, is a major hurdle.

He stuck through it with good spirits all season, including through limited playing time while getting his timing, conditioning, strength, and just as important confidence back. 
By year end he looked to be close to getting that level of his game back — he wasn’t all the way there but a lot closer. I am really pulling for Jerome. 

From everything I’ve heard he’s been continuing to get back to that level and has added strength to go with his shooting, which will allow him to do more going to the rim. I think he’s going to get there, again, this season. He has tons of upside, he has the tools, the build, the work ethic, the attitude and the natural scorer’s ability to be special.
It’s going to be, I think, largely about his confidence, and his commitment to the defensive side of the ball. CAM — I think sometimes to a fault — pulls young players when they make defensive mistakes or have defensive lapses. He’s a scorer - he needs to be out there in rhythm for that level to come. It’s at least partly on him to also bring it defensively, but it’s also on Cam to trust him and let him play his game.

Archived