Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Lander starts. We need another elite, impact player, especially a point guard, to go with TJD and IMO if he doesn't start it says a bit that he's not ready for that. This team needs two "stars"

Race was outplaying him last 10-15 games of the season. If the kids are cool with it whatever but I mean Race by the end of the year deserved to start. Problem was is we had some selfish kids and perh

Al was significantly more productive than Rob last season.   I truly don't understand why people continue to be down on Al.  No, he's not an all-conference performer, but he doesn't deserve for h

I'll first say that I don't think the lineup that starts Game 1 will be the lineup we see midway through the season.

Rob

Durham

Hunter

Thompson

Jackson-Davis

Archie gives the nod to the upperclassmen in the opening game, as the 3 ball handler lineup is not as important.  We will see freshmen off the bench early though.  And, we will see at least one freshman in the starting lineup by the start of conference play.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a few different combinations Archie might use during the start of the season but for game one I am going with the following. 

Lander

Rob

Durham

Hunter

Jackson-Davis

I believe all 11 players will see action, for Archie to use different line up's as the early part of season. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said this all along...

I don't think Galloway will start unless the difference in play is so stark that he'd be poised to be on the All B10 Freshman team, and I can't see that being the case.

I agree with @5fouls that the lineup we see on 11/25 won't be the one we finish with. That said, I'll go with what I've said from the time Lander committed...

Rob

Al

Lander

Brunk

TJD

Now @Hoosierhoopsterthought that's the lineup I wanted to see, but that's not the case. I haven't been to the practices, and even if I had been I'm quite positive my eye for what's going on falls a bit short of CAM's. My "guess" is predicated on what I think CAM will do, not my own evaluation based on having seen most of the team play in the past.

And I think the reason CAM will do this is team chemistry. CAM has preached getting older. Practices are one thing (not discounting their value at all) but game play is another. If one of the freshman is playing well in practice, great, but if they would start outplaying an upperclassman in game play, I think that's more easily presented to and absorbed by the team. 

THAT said, I'd like to see how this lineup would fair...

Rob

Kristian

Jerome

Race

TJD

 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to Jim coyle on Indiana sports beat yesterday. He thinks it ludicrous that people are saying Galloway is rumored to be starter. He doesn’t see any way possible he starts. Anyway my starting lineup at the start of the season

Rob

Al

Hunter

TJD

Race

Then I think it will change to

Rob 

Lander

Al

TJD

Race

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I was listening to Jim coyle on Indiana sports beat yesterday. He thinks it ludicrous that people are saying Galloway is rumored to be starter. He doesn’t see any way possible he starts.

And did Coyle say exactly how many practices HE'S been to, in order to make that assumption? These talking heads aren't any more educated on our players than many of you here on this board. In fact, I think there are a few posters here that are pretty close to experts. (and I'm not in the same universe as them...)

While I think it is unlikely that Trey starts, it's possible if CAM wants to experiment in the preseason. Starting is over rated in my book, although it is important to get off to a good start. I think match ups are more important on starting line ups. But then again, I'm not getting paid to coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DWB said:

And did Coyle say exactly how many practices HE'S been to, in order to make that assumption? These talking heads aren't any more educated on our players than many of you here on this board. In fact, I think there are a few posters here that are pretty close to experts. (and I'm not in the same universe as them...)

While I think it is unlikely that Trey starts, it's possible if CAM wants to experiment in the preseason. Starting is over rated in my book, although it is important to get off to a good start. I think match ups are more important on starting line ups. But then again, I'm not getting paid to coach. 

While I agree with your overall point I think it’s been stated many times on here Archie doesn’t really let anybody in his practices. Just to float that out there. Also I 100% agree about starting being overrated I’ve always thought it never mattered who started the most important players are the ones that finish the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

personally i hate hate hate worrying about how old a kid is when it comes to starting or his role.  play the best 5 who play well together regardless of how old they are.  i also get tired of the thing about it doesn't matter who starts.  i mean i get the point, but why would you not want to get off to a good start with the best guys and also finish strong with those same guys?  most of the time saying it doesn't matter who starts is to make the guys who don't start feel better.  to me the only real question is how small are we going to go?  i also hate hate hate the 5 for 5 subbing, but it is kind of nice to think that we could do a 5 for 5 of:  Lander, Durham, RP, Race, TJD... then Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Brunk.  also seems nice to have those teams pushing each other in practice.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IUskim said:

While I agree with your overall point I think it’s been stated many times on here Archie doesn’t really let anybody in his practices. Just to float that out there. 

I was trying to be sarcastic about Coyle going to practices in order to have "1st hand knowledge" of who was going to start. Obviously, he's in the dark, just like the rest of us. And maybe in a darker room, than most. 

I just can't stand the media. ( Fisch, and ex-players as color commentators are not media IMO)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DWB said:

I was trying to be sarcastic about Coyle going to practices in order to have "1st hand knowledge" of who was going to start. Obviously, he's in the dark, just like the rest of us. And maybe in a darker room, than most. 

I just can't stand the media. ( Fisch, and ex-players as color commentators are not media IMO)

Lol. Gotcha. Also ex-players really get agitated when they get called media members it’s quite funny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

personally i hate hate hate worrying about how old a kid is when it comes to starting or his role.  play the best 5 who play well together regardless of how old they are.  i also get tired of the thing about it doesn't matter who starts.  i mean i get the point, but why would you not want to get off to a good start with the best guys and also finish strong with those same guys?  most of the time saying it doesn't matter who starts is to make the guys who don't start feel better.  to me the only real question is how small are we going to go?  i also hate hate hate the 5 for 5 subbing, but it is kind of nice to think that we could do a 5 for 5 of:  Lander, Durham, RP, Race, TJD... then Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Hunter, Brunk.  also seems nice to have those teams pushing each other in practice.  

I know what you're saying, but seniority on a team, any team, not just basketball, means something at the outset. New guys are at the bottom of the pecking order (unless you're a 5 star like Lander) from the get-go. 

In my estimation, practice can change that pecking order to a degree, but the real proof comes during games. That's part of the reason why we have the pre B10 season schedule to shake that out, establish roles, and solidify the rotation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DWB said:

And did Coyle say exactly how many practices HE'S been to, in order to make that assumption? These talking heads aren't any more educated on our players than many of you here on this board. In fact, I think there are a few posters here that are pretty close to experts. (and I'm not in the same universe as them...)

While I think it is unlikely that Trey starts, it's possible if CAM wants to experiment in the preseason. Starting is over rated in my book, although it is important to get off to a good start. I think match ups are more important on starting line ups. But then again, I'm not getting paid to coach. 

I don't know if I would take what Coyle says because he makes so many mistakes in his show.  Like yesterday he predicted us going 19-14 even though we are only playing 27 games.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know if I would take what Coyle says because he makes so many mistakes in his show.  Like yesterday he predicted us going 19-14 even though we are only playing 27 games.

Ha. I was listening to that and I didn’t even pick up on that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Lander

Al

Rob

Race

TJD

This is the lineup I think CAM will start -- at the start of the season. Yes, it could be this lineup with Brunk and TJD up front, based on experience, but Race ending the season playing 20 min and TJD around 9, and Race having by everyone's account a great summer and repeatedly playing in white in the HH clips, leads me to think CAM has confidence in Race starting -- and frankly, that needs to happen, if not immediately, soon.

But the lineup I most want to see, and which we will see regardless whether they start:

Rob

Lander

Al

Hunter

TJD

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Rob

Al

Franklin Or Lander 

Jerome Or Race 

Davis

A lot of people, me included, haven't seriously considered Franklin to start. But the kid is really solid, and may well have that frosh to soph jump. Regardless if he starts, I'd also like to see

Franklin

Al

Hunter

Race

TJD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...