Adidas

btownqb

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Sucks a** for football apparel. I can buy 10-15 ex players jerseys from UT.. I have the option of #1 and #20. Ridiculous. Are there any custom jerseys around? 

For IU gear I buy from “Indiana University Surplus Store”. They have a Facebook page and post links to sales/auctions regularly. They sell literally anything of value from IU but in batches they have athletic gear. Helmets; Jerseys; Warm Ups. You name it. All authentic, most of it is game worn. I have two jerseys from them and one helmet. Hope that helps. Otherwise you gotta find one of those custom jersey makers in Asia and hope for the best

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I bring this thread back up because of this 

This is how absolutely awful Adidas is. Are we all really going to have to email Dolson?  

Throw soccer jerseys and gear in that complaint as well.  Hell, throw baseball apparel in there.  I promise IU adidas soccer jerseys would sell in volume.  It doesn't make sense that a traditional soccer apparel company like adidas isn't selling jerseys for arguably the top soccer college soccer program in the country.

• Like 4

Just now, IUALUM03 said:

Throw soccer jerseys and gear in that complaint as well.  Hell, throw baseball apparel in there.  I promise IU adidas soccer jerseys would sell in volume.  It doesn't make sense that a traditional soccer apparel company like adidas isn't selling jerseys for arguably the top soccer college soccer program in the country.

Admittedly.. I only watch our soccer team when they are in big games. Is it really that bad? I mean isn't Adidas suppose to be a "soccer thing" somewhat in general? Idk.. I'm over it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Admittedly.. I only watch our soccer team when they are in big games. Is it really that bad? I mean isn't Adidas suppose to be a "soccer thing" somewhat in general? Idk.. I'm over it. 

TBH, we should be partners with an American company.  JMHO.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rico said:

TBH, we should be partners with an American company.  JMHO.

New Balance? Don't they produce their shoes here in the US? Don't think it will help the apparel crowd but at least it's made in the USA.  I guess as a kid wearing a jersey was a big thing but I'm not sure I understand the fashion sense of wearing a jersey out in public. They look atrocious. But that's just me. I prefer a nice 1/4 zip pullover etc for more sporting attire. I'm not 18 anymore...I feel like I should dress like it lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

New Balance? Don't they produce their shoes here in the US? Don't think it will help the apparel crowd but at least it's made in the USA.  I guess as a kid wearing a jersey was a big thing but I'm not sure I understand the fashion sense of wearing a jersey out in public. They look atrocious. But that's just me. I prefer a nice 1/4 zip pullover etc for more sporting attire. I'm not 18 anymore...I feel like I should dress like it lol.

My point was that Adidas is a German company.  But I think you are right, New Balance manufactures their shoes here it the states.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

My point was that Adidas is a German company.  But I think you are right, New Balance manufactures their shoes here it the states.

Adidas is making huge progress in shoe sells...in fact I haven't bought a pair of Nike's in at least a decade...I think Adidas makes better shoes....but their apparel is pretty far behind Nike FOR SURE. 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They look atrocious because Adidas jerseys suck lol 

I'm not dressing up to go to a football game .... makes zero sense. I dress up all day, everyday. 1/4 should be great in this weather. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They look atrocious because Adidas jerseys suck lol 

I'm not dressing up to go to a football game .... makes zero sense. I dress up all day, everyday. 1/4 should be great in this weather. 

1/4 pullover is dress up?? Ok...never mind lol..we are on totally different spectrums in what is dress up and that is totally ok. They make wonderful breathable pullovers with the moisture wick technology...they are great.  Anyways, maybe I'm finally getting used to the heat down here in Florida. I wear long sleeves almost all the time especially when I'm on the boat or in direct sunlight for long. Would like to avoid skin cancer if possible...heat/humidity was unbearable at first but I've noticed the type of material makes a huge difference on comfort.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

1/4 pullover is dress up?? Ok...never mind lol..we are on totally different spectrums in what is dress up and that is totally ok. They make wonderful breathable pullovers with the moisture wick technology...they are great.  Anyways, maybe I'm finally getting used to the heat down here in Florida. I wear long sleeves almost all the time especially when I'm on the boat or in direct sunlight for long. Would like to avoid skin cancer if possible...heat/humidity was unbearable at first but I've noticed the type of material makes a huge difference on comfort.

I wear them all the time. I wear comfy shorts and something comfortable to a game. If it's cold, I'm wearing a long sleeve under my jersey and my UA sweat pants. We aren't on different ends of the spectrum. I wear dress slack, dress shirt and tie, or polo every day to work. Cold weather a 1/4 zip is going on top of that. 

I'm never considering jerseys a young person thing to wear. If I'm going to do that, I'd just consider sports to be for young people too. lol If it's hot... comfy shorts and a tank top to the game/an IU basketball jersey. Probably be in that all day leading up to the Idaho KO. Then switch into something else. 

Do you guys cheer at the games? or you boring in that regard too? 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

As do I and several are IU Adidas ones that I like. As far as jerseys go I own a bunch just never wear them. Most are NFL and retired and I can't wear a jersey of a former player to a game not sure why just bugs me

I wear my two Manning ones anywhere and everywhere. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm never considering jerseys a young person thing to wear. If I'm going to do that, I'd just consider sports to be for young people too. lol If it's hot... comfy shorts and a tank top to the game/an IU basketball jersey. Probably be in that all day leading up to the Idaho KO. Then switch into something else. 

The last time I wore a jersey it had "COACH" on the back and I was 40...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

The last time I wore a jersey it had "COACH" on the back and I was 40...

Coaching jerseys.... STUUUUUUPID!!! lol 

I coached Cap Ripken and them making us wear a full get up to coach, dumb. I cannot stand that baseball managers wear jerseys and have numbers haha. so weird to me. 

• Like 1