Ohio State Game Thread

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense is worn out and that is because they have been on the field all day.  This is why you need to have a run game and be able to control the clock against top teams.  I guess you will get this when you are a roster full of 4 and 5 star players going against mainly 3 star players.  You can compete for awhile but they will just wear you out.

Offense just has to be better. The defense is solid but this isn't Alabama. You can't punt 5 times in the first half and expect to keep it close. Sheridan and co need to look in the mirror and figure out how Rutgers and Penn St drop 27 and 25 on this D respectively and yet our offense with better talent is completely shut down. 

Just now, dgambill said:

This is more about how good Ohio st is then how bad we have called or played. Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been good but their offense is a high performance sports car and their defense is a rugged diesel truck.

I disagree. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times in the first half.

No Ellis fumble, no Fryfogle drop.. We’re in this game. Defense did its part in the first half by forcing 2 turnovers.

Archived