Ohio State Game Thread

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bleed Cream and Crimson.  Went to every home FB and BB game as a student.  Watched every one of Tom Crean's games on tv his first two years.  Have sat through the good (1967 FB) (BB NC's)  and the ugly.  Not going to give up now.  Watching this game till the end.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

They have held every single time Fields has gotten out of the pocket.  Every time they hold the guy on the outside.

That's so true. Johnson was held on that td run.

Make that sack, and don't fumble, and it's a tie game going into half, though. 

Two plays. That's how thin the margin of error is when a team like us plays a team like OSU.

No matter how the rest of this game goes, we are going to beat OSU in the next few years, mark my words.

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

Most of this quarter we've looked like our former D units. Look like we're right there to make a play only to miss the tackle and it goes for a TD.

Yep...close..but it’s the truth. We are close to being a really great team....but we aren’t there...that’s what has separated almost everyone else from OSU and the rest of the B1G. We don’t have room for those mistakes. Still a really good team but that is what keeps us from being great.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

That's so true. Johnson was held on that td run.

Make that sack, and don't fumble, and it's a tie game going into half, though. 

Two plays. That's how thin the margin of error is when a team like us plays a team like OSU.

No matter how the rest of this game goes, we are going to beat OSU in the next few years, mark my words.

How is that going change.  Not calling it.  There were some late hits as well.  Not calling.  Then again, IU did get a few calls go their way

Aside from some of the obvious self-inflicted mistakes, we're seeing the difference between blue blood football programs and really good football teams. Our top end talent can compete with this OSU team, but they send 2-3 waves of 5 star guys at you that we just don't have the depth to hang with for 60 minutes. 

I do think our OL and RB talent need upgrades, but more than that, we need to keep building depth. That will take us to the next level long-term.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We knew OSU was going to score points.  They're too talented not to.  For the most part, Sheridan's play calling was crap.  We should have more than 7 points, and we should have had longer drives so OSU wouldn't have had as many possessions.

I agree, but Sheridan didn’t call that fumble. It should be 21-14. 
That being said, the running game is absolutely great... for OSU. They need to move on from it and use short passes. 

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

How is that going change.  Not calling it.  There were some late hits as well.  Not calling.  Then again, IU did get a few calls go their way

It's not going to change. That's why IU has to play nearly perfectly to win a game like this.

Defense came to play today, but the offense is killing us, and now the defense is getting gassed.

Just now, PhinithreeMagic said:

Aside from some of the obvious self-inflicted mistakes, we're seeing the difference between blue blood football programs and really good football teams. Our top end talent can compete with this OSU team, but they send 2-3 waves of 5 star guys at you that we just don't have the depth to hang with for 60 minutes. 

I do think our OL and RB talent need upgrades, but more than that, we need to keep building depth. That will take us to the next level long-term.

Exactly. It sucks and tough to see us so close but down 21....but this is the process. I hate even saying that but just the deal. Come out this second half. Play hard...see if we can score some quick points on the outside opposite of Wade and roll the dice. We rattled Fields into making Ohio St completely change their gameplan. 

Archived