Ohio State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bob said:

So what are we doing that is so much different that we can’t run the ball. Our backs look slow to the hole. 

I think it is a combination.  A lot of our runs are extremely vanilla and predictable.  If the defense knows what to defend, you aren't going to be able to do much.  The second is that our OL just isn't getting any push at all.  They haven't been doing it against average teams, and they definitely didn't today.

I think part of the reason we're slow to the hole is because there is no hole.  The backs take a second to see if there is anything, but there usually isn't.

We brought in a ton of OL in the last couple classes, so hopefully we can build some depth there.  They're mostly still raw though, so it might be a couple years before it pays off.

Not that I think Hiller has been bad, but I think he's been pretty average for us.  Kind of like Hagen was for the DL.  I wouldn't be upset if he moved on.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot....Lebron James chiming in on IU Football and singing some positives. Haha. 2020 keep it coming. 

On Gameday, after the piece on LEO, Rece Davis said , "I'm not trying to help anybody recruit, but you start seeing that and the first thing you think as a player, I'll play for that guy."  Lot's of national guys have jumped on the IU bandwagon.

We only have a couple spots left for this year's class, but I think we're really going to see a jump in the 2022 recruits we get.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

On Gameday, after the piece on LEO, Rece Davis said , "I'm not trying to help anybody recruit, but you start seeing that and the first thing you think as a player, I'll play for that guy."  Lot's of national guys have jumped on the IU bandwagon.

We only have a couple spots left for this year's class, but I think we're really going to see a jump in the 2022 recruits we get.

We need to start keeping the very best in state players in state and coming to IU. Like the CG DL Curry who is a big time player and is a junior

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I think it is a combination.  A lot of our runs are extremely vanilla and predictable.  If the defense knows what to defend, you aren't going to be able to do much.  The second is that our OL just isn't getting any push at all.  They haven't been doing it against average teams, and they definitely didn't today.

I think part of the reason we're slow to the hole is because there is no hole.  The backs take a second to see if there is anything, but there usually isn't.

We brought in a ton of OL in the last couple classes, so hopefully we can build some depth there.  They're mostly still raw though, so it might be a couple years before it pays off.

Not that I think Hiller has been bad, but I think he's been pretty average for us.  Kind of like Hagen was for the DL.  I wouldn't be upset if he moved on.

Totally agree! Will say the line has been protecting Penix pretty well.  That's a good thing.

But, if you can't run against Rutgers, how can you against OSU.  Even the top 4 mix it up in the run game, they are deceptive, change directions and get the ball in playmakers hands through the running game.  IU, same thing...which would be great if we got away with holding, or were better at creating lanes.  

As I thought, O-line couldn’t get any push and are the weak link of this team. The running backs are good enough, but can’t make holes appear magically.

Very proud of the effort and we showed we belong. Little things here and there to clean up. We should be favored in the Maryland game assuming we play and Purdue. I feel the Wisconsin game is probably a toss up.

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Thought about that, but it’s a risk they can’t take

Totally understand that; however, what team could.  Justin Fields has everything to loose...college playoffs, NFL high pick....he is running.  I get the arm is great, there were some plays he has an open lane to run and didn't.  Could of wxtended a few drives that ended.  

Kid put on 25lbs of muscle, could be different story this year.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Who cares what Lebron thinks 

I agree. Regardless of being a Lakers fan.

I could care less had it been bad,either. 

Speaking as objectively  as possible; On the other hand, there is an age range where the context doesn't matter because LeBron James said it .

He won't likely be alone there , which is the best part for any possible improved overall perception of IU.

Archived