Ohio State Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I call BS on that one.  Allen is getting a ton of national media attention and love right now.  People all over the country are noticing and Allen is being mentioned as a candidate for other jobs.

He can't help himself because he can never be totally positive about anything.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

A tremendous effort IU football.  They are vastly exceeding expectations.  Great job Coach Allen.  Unfortunately it's not enough.  Everyone on my inner circle tuned out today and is thankful basketball season is close.  Being the IU football coach is like being the basketball coach at PSU or NW.  No one will care until you make a FF.  It's BCS bowl or bust for IU football. 

IU has a good shot at a 6-2 Big Ten season and a chance to play in a New Years Day Bowl.  

The thing I like about this is that Allen seems to be building the program for the long term.  This is not one of those flash in the pan miracle seasons that goes away just as quick as it comes on.

Just now, 5fouls said:

IU has a good shot at a 6-2 Big Ten season and a chance to play in a New Years Day Bowl.  

The thing I like about this is that Allen seems to be building the program for the long term.  This is not one of those flash in the pan miracle seasons that goes away just as quick as it comes on.

Losing to Wisky?

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

People all over the country are noticing and Allen is being mentioned as a candidate for other jobs.

I hope against hope that Allen tunes out any future offers.  This is officially his program now.  If he would move on, it would likely to a school that has a 'Bob Knight', type of legend somewhere in it's history.  Stay here and become the Bob Knight of IU football.  

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Or count Booger McFarland as a guy who just said at halftime on ABC I want to play for a guy like Tom Allen. I don't know gang. Maybe Fred Glass knew what he was doing. 

Absolutely.  Ties back to what I said in the 'Excitement' thread.  Allen's enthusiasm is infectious and has more appeal in this day and age than a stoic personality like Archie's.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Absolutely.  Ties back to what I said in the 'Excitement' thread.  Allen's enthusiasm is infectious and has more appeal in this day and age than a stoic personality like Archie's.

Possibly and I tend to agree a little bit....but football is different from hoops. Football has always been more of a rah rah approach. In terms of Archie. His no nonsense approach is something that would appeal to me because he's all business. Doesn't need the Bruce Pearly flailing his arms around approach.

Just different sports in 2020.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Or count Booger McFarland as a guy who just said at halftime on ABC I want to play for a guy like Tom Allen. I don't know gang. Maybe Fred Glass knew what he was doing. 

I liked the hire from day one.  Not because I thought Allen would have this much success this quickly, but because I liked Tom Allen the person and I could see how his enthusiasm could be contagious (bad word for 2020, I know).  Kevin Wilson had proven himself to be an intelligent coach, but a moral liability.  I was ready for a man with Allen's character even if the results were slower in coming.  I just had a suspicion he had the right kind of motivational mindset.

Now, unfortunately in a revenue-challenged environment, you absolutely have a coach here who deserves a big raise...he sure made Kevin Wilson look ordinary. 

EDIT:  Nevermind...forgot IU took care of that last year.  Still, he's a much better deal than Jeff Brohm. 😂

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my postgame reply. Absolutely zero worries about the direction of this team and our program. Not sure how many we have back next year but I know it's more than 14 I think. Absolutely out schemed and out coached a team that has 12-13 pros on it. Kudos to IU. Legit team and program. 

Everyones back on D

Archived