Ohio State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Remember when we used to have a "Thumbs down" option on these posts....whatever happened to that?

I am on board witha thumbs down on that post.  The football program is leaps and bounds ahead of the basketball program.   It's sad to say hoops is probably behind Football,  Baseball,  and Soccer right now in postseason expectations. 

Archie can't beat PU or make the NCAA tournament,  let alone a final four. 

11 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't see him leaving for a long time, if at all. And if he did, it won't be for a mid-tier SEC school. It'd be a Bama, Texas, etc.

And yes, Allen is that good that he'd be in the running for one of those jobs. Get ready to have his name thrown around for every opening this off-season. 

I'm tagging your convo here because I see a theme going.  CTA isn't leaving unless everything he says about Indiana is just a show.  I really believe he would turn down every offer.  Every single one.

Now.  He did just get a raise and extension last year.  The last time we paid a coach to get us near the top, he didn't sustain and was fired 4 years later.   I think IU football is top 20 for the foreseeable future but some of these comments on lifetime extensions and pay him more/another extension etc. not that they are premature, they may be, not that he can't coach, he can, not that he can't sustain, I think he can.  He just got a raise and the athletic department is about to take a 25 million dollar loss.  I can't remember but didn't him and others take a voluntary cut in order to not have to furlough staff?  He may be deserving.  He's probably in line for a performance bonus.  But I don't see him pulling a Painter and start talking to a trash program like Missouri trying to milk another raise.  And certainly not in this economic environment. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm tagging your convo here because I see a theme going.  CTA isn't leaving unless everything he says about Indiana is just a show.  I really believe he would turn down every offer.  Every single one.

Now.  He did just get a raise and extension last year.  The last time we paid a coach to get us near the top, he didn't sustain and was fired 4 years later.   I think IU football is top 20 for the foreseeable future but some of these comments on lifetime extensions and pay him more/another extension etc. not that they are premature, they may be, not that he can't coach, he can, not that he can't sustain, I think he can.  He just got a raise and the athletic department is about to take a 25 million dollar loss.  I can't remember but didn't him and others take a voluntary cut in order to not have to furlough staff?  He may be deserving.  He's probably in line for a performance bonus.  But I don't see him pulling a Painter and start talking to a trash program like Missouri trying to milk another raise.  And certainly not in this economic environment. 

I've never understood a lot of these coaching moves guys make. Bilema(sp?) when he moved to Arkansas I almost fell out of my seat.. he was ROLLING at UW. Then you go to a division with Auburn, LSU and ALABAMA... probably play one of UGA or UF per year.. tf was he thinking? 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Let’s say FSU throws 5-6 million a year at him to go to there. With his Florida ties would it worry me? Maybe a little bit, but gun to my head can’t see him leaving if we could match the money. 

He wears my butt out watching him. Idk how he keeps all the energy. 

FSU will give Norvell some time 

Just a few observations:

IU lost the game in the first half with drops and fumbles.  Too many chances for points squandered away.  That said, after the first TD of the second half, OSU’s offense scored zero.  The defense stepped up.

I don’t understand the offensive play calling.  Maybe it is missing O linemen.  But no sweeps, no slants, almost no Penix running around to create.  Yes, Penix is good, but the offense is too predictable.  They need a running game and then they will be unstoppable.

If....the receivers can hold onto the ball.  Even the interception was caused by a dropped pass on the previous play.  Then Philyor dropping the short first down pass early.  Then the fumble on the four yard line and the other one after the interception.  Too many silly mistakes.

Oh well, this team is good but could be great.

Finally, IU must do everything in its power to keep Tom Allen.  It seems that he loves where he is now, so let’s make sure he stays here.  If he does then IU will finally become a true force in college football.

1 hour ago, IUguy said:

Just a few observations:

IU lost the game in the first half with drops and fumbles.  Too many chances for points squandered away.  That said, after the first TD of the second half, OSU’s offense scored zero.  The defense stepped up.

I don’t understand the offensive play calling.  Maybe it is missing O linemen.  But no sweeps, no slants, almost no Penix running around to create.  Yes, Penix is good, but the offense is too predictable.  They need a running game and then they will be unstoppable.

If....the receivers can hold onto the ball.  Even the interception was caused by a dropped pass on the previous play.  Then Philyor dropping the short first down pass early.  Then the fumble on the four yard line and the other one after the interception.  Too many silly mistakes.

Oh well, this team is good but could be great.

Finally, IU must do everything in its power to keep Tom Allen.  It seems that he loves where he is now, so let’s make sure he stays here.  If he does then IU will finally become a true force in college football.

There's no reason to question the play calling. We scored 35 on the road at OSU... Sheridan has been very good. He's so good on 3rd down. 

Penix should never run around. He is injury prone and throws very poorly on the run. 

On 11/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, btownqb said:

There's no reason to question the play calling. We scored 35 on the road at OSU... Sheridan has been very good. He's so good on 3rd down. 

Penix should never run around. He is injury prone and throws very poorly on the run. 

I’ll go along with that Penix doesn’t need to be the one running the ball! Scott and James need to get this running game moving! 

Archived