Lunardi's Are You Freaking Kidding Me Soooo Early "Bracketology"

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30302581/the-varying-states-ncaa-tournament-bracketology

In his 68 team bracket,

IU - 8 seed

PU - on the bubble

Minny and MD - among first 4 out

He's also got a 48-team and 16-team bracket ....

Just saw that and no way they would do a 16 team or a 48 team bracket

10 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

lol yea just like they won't cancel the 2020 tournament.   Heck at this point I'd take whatever number of teams just to have a tourney.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Hear you. I can see a reduced tourney, but no way it's 16 teams, that's just silly. 48 though does seem at least possible. Will turn on the various conferences, who is going forward, who shuts down, how does the season develop while the virus is spiking like crazy, but then with multiple vaccines to be ready for wide-spread consumption by spring and likely sooner for teams....

15 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

Someone needs to explain to me why OSU isn't going to be awful this year, because I seem to be the only person that is thoroughly convinced they aren't very good.

I am with you. However, their coach is very good and I think they will steal a few wins with coaching. I think schedule will also play into the number of wins. I have said before," We will be better this year, but the record may not reflect it."  When you look at conference records you can not compare teams evenly because of the uneven schedule. A couple of teams may have a one game better record than IU, but play a way easier conference schedule. If you play doubles with the top three teams and other teams only play singles that is a bigger advantage than some realize. Then you have the talking heads in the national media saying that Purdue finished 7th in the big ten and Indiana finished 8th so Purdue is in the dance (Their schedule appears way easier on paper). I think if you are going to have a ranking system for the conference every win can not be counted evenly if the schedules are not even. There should be a weight system based on position of opponent. Just a thought. So excite about IU being on TV tonight!!! Go Hoosiers!!!

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, rico said:

An 8-9 matchup with Oklahoma State, featuring the #1 draft pick in this year's NBA Draft, Cade Cunningham...Winner gets Gonzaga...

I'm ok with that...

2 other B1G teams (Ohio St and Iowa) in that bracket...along with Houston...that'd be a tough one for the Zags I think...

34 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t think 11 teams in the tournament is a huge stretch

We were going to make it by the skin of our teeth last year, and we were 9-11 in conference, and a win over Nebraska in the B1G tourney...

Just going by that makes me think that 10 might be all we can hope for...and that's only if the 10th place team has a respectable in conference record (9-11 or better)...

And no more than 7 from any other P6 conference (Pac-12 only has 4 in)...

I just have the feeling one out of us, Purdue, MSU, and Minnesota, and possibly 2 won't make the field like Andy has projected...

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We were going to make it by the skin of our teeth last year, and we were 9-11 in conference, and a win over Nebraska in the B1G tourney...

Just going by that makes me think that 10 might be all we can hope for...and that's only if the 10th place team has a respectable in conference record (9-11 or better)...

And no more than 7 from any other P6 conference (Pac-12 only has 4 in)...

I just have the feeling one out of us, Purdue, MSU, and Minnesota, and possibly 2 won't make the field like Andy has projected...

We were probably a 10 last year, not like we would have likely been last 4 in our anything...

I'm also not sure last year is particularly relevant, every season is different. I know conference record isn't very relevant to selection criteria...

I think the B1G can get 11. 

The bottom three are obvious, who are you saying misses after those three? Currently next in conference standings, which you seem to think is a good barometer, is MSU...

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We were probably a 10 last year, not like we would have likely been last 4 in our anything...

I'm also not sure last year is particularly relevant, every season is different. I know conference record isn't very relevant to selection criteria...

I think the B1G can get 11. 

They can...Just depends on how the season shakes out...If the 10-11 place teams are 9-11, or better they very well could...I think anyone 8-12 in conference, even one as tough as the B1G is, would be tough...

I didn't say  it was impossible...Just that, in my opinion, it was a stretch...

Part of it was a poke at the fact Katz works for the BTN...So of course he's going to shill for the conference...

Archived