Lunardi's Are You Freaking Kidding Me Soooo Early "Bracketology"

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

With the abbreviated non-conference schedule, it almost has to be taken more into consideration...no?

No, I don't think with unbalanced schedules it's any more of a metric than any other year. 

NET, BPI, KenPom, and SOS are all much more relevant than where you finish in conference. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The bottom three are obvious, who are you saying misses after those three? Currently next in conference standings, which you seem to think is a good barometer, is MSU...

Addressed that here

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I just have the feeling one out of us, Purdue, MSU, and Minnesota, and possibly 2 won't make the field like Andy has projected...

17 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No, I don't think with unbalanced schedules it's any more of a metric than any other year. 

NET, BPI, KenPom, and SOS are all much more relevant than where you finish in conference. 

After reading up on the metrics you cited, you're right...But it seems to me that with the unbalanced preseason schedule, conference wins will undoubtedly take on more significance. 

The unbalanced schedule within the conference though, can skew the standings...I guess the metrics gauge that...

Archived