Happy Turkey Day HSN!

FritzIam4IU

While realizing that many had to amend or cancel traditional Thanksgiving Day plans due to COVID, I hope everyone has a great Turkey Day holiday weekend. We are keeping to our immediate family (household) just the four of us and our dog. We normally have my brother, sisters and families over...but we are playing it safe, but my 6 and 4 years olds are excited anyway...and I am still looking forward to a happy Thanksgiving. I hope all of you have a great time this weekend, even if things are different this season. Cheers Hoosier Nation...and let's see pics of those delicious Turkey Day meals!

Thanks.

We have a tradition that goes back more than 30 years. One family for Turkey Day... and we go to their place for Easter. We order a fresh Turkey at the beginning of November.... and pick it up two days before Thanksgiving.

Then Colorado issued a code red.  No no family members for Thanksgiving.  Cancelled with everybody. Including HSN's Wafflehead Fred and his squeeze.  Also a relative who is a professor at the University of Denver, and her husband. 

However.  Mrs. mile has been cooking for a whole week, as if nothing has changed.  Everyone is dropping by, and we will be giving them Thanksgiving dinner to take home. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkeys! It’s 61 and raining here. My wife started cooking yesterday so the place has smelled amazing. 

We had kind of a scare this year, not being able to find a Tofurky, but thankfully found one at the Key Foods. They sell out earlier and earlier every year. 

And how great was it to watch the guys last night?! 

Hope everyone has a great day whether you are traveling or not. 

21 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks.

We have a tradition that goes back more than 30 years. One family for Turkey Day... and we go to their place for Easter. We order a fresh Turkey at the beginning of November.... and pick it up two days before Thanksgiving.

Then Colorado issued a code red.  No no family members for Thanksgiving.  Cancelled with everybody. Including HSN's Wafflehead Fred and his squeeze.  Also a relative who is a professor at the University of Denver, and her husband. 

However.  Mrs. mile has been cooking for a whole week, as if nothing has changed.  Everyone is dropping by, and we will be giving them Thanksgiving dinner to take home. 

My wife decided to put the turkey breast in the oven...so experimenting with the air fryer will have to wait until another time unfortunately. On a positive note, I decided to smoke a rack of spare ribs since it finally stopped raining this morning and is a balmy 46 degrees out.

My wife and I and our two dogs are enjoying our first poolside Thanksgiving dinner at our new Florida home. 82 and sunny. 

Couldn’t be with family due to COVID. My Mom’s locked down in assisted living and my wife has a few family members in IN who are COVID positive or awaiting test results. We’ve been texting with family and friends all morning. 

I picked up a family Thanksgiving meal for six from Bob Evans this AM. My wife didn’t have to cook and we have plenty for leftovers. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all with special thoughts and prayers for CC’s family today. 

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

My wife and I and our two dogs are enjoying our first poolside Thanksgiving dinner at our new Florida home. 82 and sunny. 

Couldn’t be with family due to COVID. My Mom’s locked down in assisted living and my wife has a few family members in IN who are COVID positive or awaiting test results. We’ve been texting with family and friends all morning. 

I picked up a family Thanksgiving meal for six from Bob Evans this AM. My wife didn’t have to cook and we have plenty for leftovers. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all with special thoughts and prayers for CC’s family today. 

Payers for your mom and family members in Indiana.

One year when I lived in Minnesota, my neighbor and I went hunting on our land Thanksgiving morning. Got 2 pheasants, 3 rabbits, and I think he got a quail or another type of bird.

Told the wife not to cook the turkey, because we were going to play Pilgrim, and have a wild game Thanksgiving. It was good!

1 hour ago, DWB said:

One year when I lived in Minnesota, my neighbor and I went hunting on our land Thanksgiving morning. Got 2 pheasants, 3 rabbits, and I think he got a quail or another type of bird.

Told the wife not to cook the turkey, because we were going to play Pilgrim, and have a wild game Thanksgiving. It was good!

I Love rabbits.  Eating them that is. Rabbits are delicious.  My favorite food group.  

Archived