Big Ten 2020-2021

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

How does Purdue find all of these 7'3 players.  You rarely see this kind of size and Purdue seems to always have one on its roster

I was wrong. 7’4 and that might only be because they ran out of tape lol. Kinda of a Haarms/Helms hybrid. 

Edited by dgambill

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Posted in other thread but I'll start posting in this one only for Big 10 content not related to IU. Saw that Illinois was up 50-60 points and Cockburn was still in with 5 minutes to play??

He played 17 minutes. They had him running some conditioning drills after the game, need to keep the big fella in game shape.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is like 8 inches taller than his opponent. He can play flat footed. Very slow laterally...will get in foul trouble against better competition...poor at hedging. I will say he had nice touch and is well coached....but it’s equivilant of playing against grade schoolers...he is so tall and they are way undersized.

How many 7 footers are in the conference though? He’ll still have a big advantage just like Haas did. 

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Interesting Morton is playing. Thought he would be out longer. Freshman getting lots of playing time and while their defense looks lax offensively the freshman have looked the best for PU. Ivey, Newman, Edey looked good. Morton not so much....his timing looks out of sorts.

Will take him some time to get back after being out with mono. Announcers didn’t realize until like halfway through the second half that Morton wasn’t out due to mono lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Williams had an off night plus no Hunter. 13 point win against a non-cupcake is fine for game 1 haha. 

No doubt who knows with any game 1 how things will go. Lots to clean up but I’d be shocked if Edey is nearly as effective against B1G level competition. Heck even against Clemson or whomever you play next. Liberty is small even for mid major. They played well but literally he was grabbing rebounds standing flat footed and shooting flat footed. Bigger guys will contest much much better and push him out of the paint. They couldn’t. Now give him a couple years and I can see him giving teams fits. I just see him racking up fouls early on because he is slow laterally and will be caught out of position. He is no where near as athletic as Haarms and not nearly as physical as Helms...but that doesn’t mean he won’t make a good college player someday.

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Williams had an off night plus no Hunter. 13 point win against a non-cupcake is fine for game 1 haha. 

Williams looked bad...not all B1G worthy but I know better he will round into form. I was surprised by Newman. Has work to do off the dribble but like the rest of your team...catch and shoot looked good. Ivey looks bigger than I remember...but their guards are tiny. He has a lot of potential but still raw like most freshman.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Williams looked bad...not all B1G worthy but I know better he will round into form. I was surprised by Newman. Has work to do off the dribble but like the rest of your team...catch and shoot looked good. Ivey looks bigger than I remember...but their guards are tiny. He has a lot of potential but still raw like most freshman.

What surprised you about Newman? 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What surprised you about Newman? 

I thought he might be timid to shoot. He wasn’t at all. Guess it’s been awhile since I saw him but he looked good. Confident stroke. 

Defense needs work though...like most freshman but his shot will help you guys.

Edited by dgambill

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I thought he might be timid to shoot. He wasn’t at all. Guess it’s been awhile since I saw him but he looked good. Confident stroke. 

Defense needs work though...like most freshman but his shot will help you guys.

From all accounts he had a really productive redshirt year. Bulked up and worked on a lot of stuff. His shot is super smooth. Team defense will look a lot better once EHJ is back. He’s our best on-ball defender. 

• Like 1