Big Ten 2020-2021

24 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I see them as just another average team. Strategize to keep Cockburn from being effective and they are an easy W

Looked like to me Ohio's coach put Kofi in ball screens and Preston did the rest either by scoring or passing to Kofi's matchup for easy points. Similar to what Archie did last year in our game at Illinois where Kofi's head was on a swivel.

Oh well. They won but again they might not be as good as some of the nonsense being posted around here the last 48 hours. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Looked like to me Ohio's coach put Kofi in ball screens and Preston did the rest either by scoring or passing to Kofi's matchup for easy points. Similar to what Archie did last year in our game at Illinois where Kofi's head was on a swivel.

Oh well. They won but again they might not be as good as some of the nonsense being posted around here the last 48 hours. 

Would love to see Lander gain confidence and become really comfortable by Big Ten season. Imagine Lander and TJD putting Cockburn in the PnR all game long. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Would love to see Lander gain confidence and become really comfortable by Big Ten season. Imagine Lander and TJD putting Cockburn in the PnR all game long. 

That's what I was thinking. Rob did a good job of that last over at their place and Lander is obviously as quick as we've had since Yogi at the position... Probably will see plenty of that the day after Christmas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep, Kofi struggles with the ball screen D. Lots of bad turnovers today too, that happens this time of year. Ohio has some nice players, definitely a step up from the previous competition.

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. That is why he came back to Illinois and wasn’t getting drafted. If he can’t guard it in college what would happen in the pros?!! Imo it isn’t coaches fault...the nba has just changed so much that some bigs no matter how talented are going to struggle. In college it may only get exposed a few times a year but in the pros it will be every night. Not sure what Underwood can do but switch up the defense to protect him when that happens.

• Like 1

I'm actually disappointed in myself for typing this. After the game Preston had yesterday vs who he was playing you know darn well there had to be a couple dozen coaches trying to figure out Preston's eligibility left and see how they could show interest in him down the road as a possible transfer. 

That's where this thing is headed if we keep allowing transfers or allow a 1 time transfer. Bigger schools will poach kids like Preston for their teams/exposure/stage,etc...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm actually disappointed in myself for typing this. After the game Preston had yesterday vs who he was playing you know darn well there had to be a couple dozen coaches trying to figure out Preston's eligibility left and see how they could show interest in him down the road as a possible transfer. 

That's where this thing is headed if we keep allowing transfers or allow a 1 time transfer. Bigger schools will poach kids like Preston for their teams/exposure/stage,etc...

You're probably right, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. If you're a fan of a smaller school, then it could hurt you, but I'm not a fan of a smaller school, so I'm okay. But, the price of small schools losing some players pays for guys who spend their lives getting really good at basketball now get a little more control over their lives and options. If small schools feel like they're losing out then they have to find a way to make themselves attractive enough to keep players. Seems like a good thing.

• Like 1