Big Ten 2020-2021

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was just looking at Michigan's B1G schedule...

Michigan.PNG.101e3d2386441e65cc6d856186db948a.PNG

Who made this schedule? The ghost of Bo Schembechler? Only one game out of the first 12 against the purported B1G favorites? I know they run the gauntlet at the end, but geez...

That scheduling could be a huge factor.Ā  The incoming administration continues to insist on a lockdown (100 days??).Ā  If that comes to pass, or ends up truncating the conference season it could reward the lucky ones and handicap others.Ā  COVID outbreaks could do similarly - look how if messed up the football season.

I waited until yesterday to subscribe to a streaming service so I could get ESPN, BTN, etc. I'm taking the "enjoy it while you can" approcah realizing it could all go on hiatus in the blink of an eye.Ā 

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who made this schedule? The ghost of Bo Schembechler? Only one game out of the first 12 against the purported B1G favorites? I know they run the gauntlet at the end, but geez...

I'll piggyback on what we discussed yesterday. I know some won't give much credence to the thought but schedules will have a huge impact on teams ranked 4-9. Didn't realize how lucky Michigan was. Geez what I'd give for that first 10 games.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If I was Michigan I would be pissed that I had to play away games on X-mas day and New Year's Eve.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That Stefanovic pass was one of the dumbest decisions Iā€™ve ever seen. He doesnā€™t screw thatĀ up who knows how the game ends.Ā 

Horrible. There were a lot of other unforced turnovers and at times your defense looked like Swiss cheese. Not sure they couldā€™ve won it like that. The announcers were even lauding Iowaā€™s defense. Haha.Ā 

That game had to be maddening for you @Stlboiler23. Heck, it was for me and I hate Purdue.Ā 

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Horrible. There were a lot of other unforced turnovers and at times your defense looked like Swiss cheese. Not sure they couldā€™ve won it like that. The announcers were even lauding Iowaā€™s defense. Haha.Ā 

That game had to be maddening for you @Stlboiler23. Heck, it was for me and I hate Purdue.Ā 

Oh no doubt. But if you wouldā€™ve told me before the game started that weā€™d hold Iowa right 70, Iā€™d have felt pretty good about our chances you know?

• Like 1

Didnā€™t want to create a separate thread for this so figured Iā€™d share it here. Unfortunately Caleb Swanigan was arrested in Fort Wayne for drug-paraphernalia charges. Heā€™s putĀ on a lot of weight (416 lbs) and itā€™s extremely sad. It sounds like him and Barnes had a falling out and Caleb has been struggling. His time at Purdue and before that living with Barnes was really the only time he had structure in his life. I hope he gets things turned around especially with what he went through in his childhood.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll piggyback on what we discussed yesterday. I know some won't give much credence to the thought but schedules will have a huge impact on teams ranked 4-9. Didn't realize how lucky Michigan was. Geez what I'd give for that first 10 games.

it definitely does.Ā  it's just tough because moral victories and tough scheduling doesn't get you too far if you aren't winning.Ā 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didnā€™t want to create a separate thread for this so figured Iā€™d share it here. Unfortunately Caleb Swanigan was arrested in Fort Wayne for drug-paraphernalia charges. Heā€™s putĀ on a lot of weight (416 lbs) and itā€™s extremely sad. It sounds like him and Barnes had a falling out and Caleb has been struggling. His time at Purdue and before that living with Barnes was really the only time he had structure in his life. I hope he gets things turned around especially with what he went through in his childhood.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

seriously 416 lbs!?Ā  where did you see that?