Big Ten 2020-2021

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s a pretty big and obvious one to miss. But we did benefit from some calls that aren’t typical on the road that’s true. 

Over an back no doubt, my hats off to Rutgers though what did they hit down the stretch from the free throw line. I don’t think they miss one . Had to be like 8 to 10 in a row as a team. 

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Over an back no doubt, my hats off to Rutgers though what did they hit down the stretch from the free throw line. I don’t think they miss one . Had to be like 8 to 10 in a row as a team. 

scary to think how good Rutgers is when they were missing their guy scoring 23ppg and still win that game.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

scary to think how good Rutgers is when they were missing their guy scoring 23ppg and still win that game.  

Yep...Pikell is a pretty good coach too...

The Mulcahy kid reminds me a lot of Trey Galloway... same affect on the game, just has a years experience on Trey...7 points, 5 boards, 4 assists and shooting 50% from the field (39% from 3) 80% from the line...I'll take that all day long...And he's a pretty good defender, especially on the help end...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

Watched the 2nd half of Iowa/NW this morning, and I was really impressed with NW defense. That is a very good manno- e-manno system.

And the immunity of Garza incapable of fouling anybody, or traveling repeated is still in tact.

You know what I notice about him?  He doesn't slap.  He hits every you every possession with his body, over and over and over.  He could foul out 5 possessions in a row but by him never slapping at the ball he avoids many calls.  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

You know what I notice about him?  He doesn't slap.  He hits every you every possession with his body, over and over and over.  He could foul out 5 possessions in a row but by him never slapping at the ball he avoids many calls.  

Garza has a very high Basketball IQ and the drive/motor/passion to make something of himself.  He will be on an NBA team at some point in his career

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

Yeah I probably won't watch us play Iowa.

I get the feeling we'll be playing well and leading going into the final minute, then Bohannon will hit three contested 3's late to win it.

My wife still remembers the time a water bottle got thrown across our living room in frustration when he last played against us in Iowa City.

Edited by GrangerHoosier

2 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Yeah I probably won't watch us play Iowa.

I get the feeling we'll be playing well and leading going into the final minute, then Bohannon will hit three contested 3's late to win it.

My wife still remembers the time a water bottle got thrown across our living room in frustration when he last played against us in Iowa City.

Yeah Bohannan has had IU's number for several years.  Mostly that is because we don't come out and guard in your face 3 point shooter and if they shoot from 6' behind the arc, we're not in the same area code as them.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I watched about half of the games between Rutgers-Purdue and Iowa-Northwestern last night. We have 8 games against those 4 teams. Does anyone honestly think we win more than 2? Rutgers scored 81 without their best player. We typically struggle to break 60 in this league even when we have everyone healthy. 

Only one thing to do...

Play em and let's see...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I watched about half of the games between Rutgers-Purdue and Iowa-Northwestern last night. We have 8 games against those 4 teams. Does anyone honestly think we win more than 2? Rutgers scored 81 without their best player. We typically struggle to break 60 in this league even when we have everyone healthy. 

if i had to bet, i'd day we win 1 of those 8. 

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Just think, he get another year for free thanks to Covid.  He and Weisman will be back for another year

I’d be very surprised if Weiskamp is back.  Guys that are 6’6 shooters tend to be in demand by the NBA.  I think a guy like him profiles as a second round pick who makes it.  Everybody wants their Duncan Robinson.  Next fad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’ll take that bet. 1 of 8? We’re a terrible team? Definitely a tough slate, but we’ll do better than that 

the thing is, i don't think we're a terrible team.  really not even a bad team.  i just don't think we're going to beat #10 Iowa either time, #19 NW at their place when we lost at home against them, either time vs. #14 Rutgers, or at Purdouche.   

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Nebraska vs OSU for the appetizer...

EJ Liddell has developed an outside game...he's one tough cover...

I know this is the way that Neb has to build their team but it is hard to have all of your roster being transfers.  By the time they jell then they are gone because.most of the transfers are for a year or two.