Big Ten 2020-2021

I starting to think coaches is trying to make basketball harder than it is.  A coach should put your team in the best position to succeed and I don't know if a lot of coaches are doing that.  Basketball is about anticipation and not reacting to things and it appears players are out there thinking to much.  Coaches micro manage to much and don't let players go out and just play.  I think coaches needs to look at how Mark Few coaches especially on the offensive end of the court

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Is Sparty broke or Purdue better? Combo of both?

Combo of both. Purdue just kept chipping away but This is the worst Sparty team I’ve seen in several years. Still good enough to beat anyone but not consistently good. They don’t have good shooting nor a dominant post presence like years past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Combo of both. Purdue just kept chipping away but This is the worst Sparty team I’ve seen in several years. Still good enough to beat anyone but not consistently good. They don’t have good shooting nor a dominant post presence like years past.

Games like this one for them and our loss last night are the difference between 9-11 and 11-9 later this year. Kudos to them. Don't like them but that's a good win regardless of what Izzo is running out there anymore. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the tough part scheduling wise. This is one of Purdue's tougher games given their gift of a schedule. We'll see them next week and see how it plays I guess.

Our schedule gets easier for sure but it’s been brutal so far. With not playing Nebraska this week at home, our last five games went at Iowa, MD at home, at Rutgers, at Illinois, at MSU, and then we play in Bloomington next week. That’s a brutal stretch. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Our schedule gets easier for sure but it’s been brutal so far. With not playing Nebraska this week at home, our last five games went at Iowa, MD at home, at Rutgers, at Illinois, at MSU, and then we play in Bloomington next week. That’s a brutal stretch. 

The entire BIG has that sort of stretch and then some 

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Williams was dominant. Big reason why we had a chance. 

Yeah if you told me you would win after shooting that poorly from 3 I would say your nuts. He carried you for sure. Even when Michigan st was up double digits the quality they were playing was not good...more how poorly you guys were. Then it flipped. Great execution down the stretch. They choked and you guys made all the plays. Well deserved. You did what we couldn’t...finished it off.

• Like 1