Big Ten 2020-2021

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Great since we just played them so it might effect us playing.  I know when my mother tested positive, my brother had to quarantine just because he was in contact with her.  Even though he tested negative he had to work from home for 10 days

Edited by IU Scott

I think Wisconsin will give Michigan their biggest test yet...It'll be interesting to see how the freshman Dickinson (who is fantastic by the way...averages 18 ppg on, get this, 73% shooting) fares against the veteran duo of Potter and Reuvers.

Michigan's only 2 road games so far were at Nebraska on Christmas Day and at Maryland on New Years eve...Neither the Huskers or the Terps had an answer for Wagner (who's staring to play like his brother did for the Wolverines) and Dickinson...The Terps tried to guard Dickinson with Donta Scott who's 6'7 and he ate them alive...I know this one is a Crisler, but I think it'll be a great B1G game to watch...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think Wisconsin will give Michigan their biggest test yet...It'll be interesting to see how the freshman Dickinson (who is fantastic by the way...averages 18 ppg on, get this, 73% shooting) fares against the veteran duo of Potter and Reuvers.

Michigan's only 2 road games so far were at Nebraska on Christmas Day and at Maryland on New Years eve...Neither the Huskers or the Terps had an answer for Wagner (who's staring to play like his brother did for the Wolverines) and Dickinson...The Terps tried to guard Dickinson with Donta Scott who's 6'7 and he ate them alive...I know this one is a Crisler, but I think it'll be a great B1G game to watch...

That's what I'm interested in as well. Let's see if Michigan is for real or product of favorable scheduling that a few teams have had so far. 

29 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's just nuts. Talk about imbalance. We'll see how things pan out as we play more home games and the others play more road games.

In conference, our split is 3 & 3.  Not sure we have anything to complain about there.  Outside of conference, we had 4 neutral site, and only 1 true road game (FSU).  Other teams, like Michigan and Minnesota may have benefitted from a home heavy schedule.  But, with no fans, that's not as meaningful as it would normally be.  I have to say, we probably are who we are at this point.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In conference, our split is 3 & 3.  Not sure we have anything to complain about there.  Outside of conference, we had 4 neutral site, and only 1 true road game (FSU).  Other teams, like Michigan and Minnesota may have benefitted from a home heavy schedule.  But, with no fans, that's not as meaningful as it would normally be.  I have to say, we probably are who we are at this point.  

Home cooking doesn't matter?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I find it interesting that WI, loaded with 4th and 5th year seniors, played one non-con game outside of the Kohl's center. That was at Marquette (a game WI lost), about 80 miles from Madison. They've played 4 of 5 B1G games at home (road game with PSU was postponed)

By comparison, Gonzaga has played 6 of 12 neutral site or road games, Baylor 6 of 11 road/neutral and Villanova 7 of 9 road/neutral. And a nod to Mile, CO has played 9 of 12 road/neutral

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't see a reason to complain here.  Typical years we play 1 true road game and 1-2 neutral site games with 8-9 home games before conference play starts.  We had Maui and less cupcakes this year.  Optics for records probably are affected a little but usually that is dictated more by conference performance anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

In conference, our split is 3 & 3.  Not sure we have anything to complain about there.  Outside of conference, we had 4 neutral site, and only 1 true road game (FSU).  Other teams, like Michigan and Minnesota DEFINITELY benefitted from a home heavy schedule.  But, with no fans, that's not as meaningful as it would normally be - HOME COOKING aside.  I have to say, we probably are who we are at this point - MAYBE

Fixed it for you lol

It's a wacky season for sure, whether/to what extent playing almost every game at home, on your own floor, with your recognize sight lines, and as in Wisc with you absurdly prejudicial refs, benefits a team is a question we can all debate for sure, but for me, absolutely believe playing almost all your games at home benefits a team

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Yeah, I don't see a reason to complain here.  Typical years we play 1 true road game and 1-2 neutral site games with 8-9 home games before conference play starts.  We had Maui and less cupcakes this year.  Optics for records probably are affected a little but usually that is dictated more by conference performance anyway. 

Conference scheduling is what we are talking about here.  Goes hand in hand with conference performance.  No?

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

MI has played 8 of 10 at home, IA, 9 of 13, WI, 10 of 12, Rutgers 8 of 11, MN 10 of 14.

IU and PU both 5 of 13.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Conference scheduling is what we are talking about here.  Goes hand in hand with conference performance.  No?

No its not. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

No its not. 

The particular quote of mine was more aimed at the conference schedule...My point was, playing on the road in the B1G is of course harder than it is to play at home for an abundance of reasons, most cited above in this thread...And the fact that Michigan had played 2 teams that have struggled (although Maryland has had their moments...ask Wisconsin or Illinois) in their road games...At home, they struggled with Penn State, but blew out Northwestern and Minnesota...

So, as I said, I think it's their first real test...Even though it's in Crisler Arena...

I just think any arguments about scheduling are lame.  All that is taken into consideration now with advanced metrics.  And our hard Big 10 schedule looks a little less daunting than at the beginning of the season.  Of the currently 6 ranked Big 10 teams, we only play 3 of them twice (Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan).  We'll see how the schedule shakes out at the end of the year, since this is all subject to change.  I don't see the purpose of lamenting over the teams we have to play or what teams some other big 10 team doesn't have to play. 

• Like 1