Big Ten 2020-2021

All I know is Purdue doesn’t have superior talent then most they play. It’s execution, tenacity, and fundamentals. It comes from their coach. This is suppose to be a down year for them and they are going to be in the conversation to finish at the top of the B1G. Painter is simply a damn good coach. Is it a coincidence Purdue wins these close games and IU loses them. This is a young Purdue team that is going to probably win the B1G or be right there in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just said the same thing to my son.  Wheeler chased Ahrens to get a piece of him

He didn’t even need to...Sasha was going to have a wide open look regardless. Should it have been called...yes...did it effect his chance to defend..nope he was so slow to react he was already 5 feet behind him. He was trailing so far back he wasn’t even in the refs view. Horrible defense. It was going to be a quality look regardless. Kinda like do you call PI when the ball is uncatchable. 

Edited by dgambill

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All I know is Purdue doesn’t have superior talent then most they play. It’s execution, tenacity, and fundamentals. It comes from their coach. This is suppose to be a down year for them and they are going to be in the conversation to finish at the top of the B1G. Painter is simply a damn good coach. Is it a coincidence Purdue wins these close games and IU loses them. This is a young Purdue team that is going to probably win the B1G or be right there in the next 2-3 years.

Hit the nail on the head. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What percentage would you put of him coming back?

I don’t even want to guess honestly. Depends on how this season turns out combined with what info he gets in his draft workouts. Just thinking 60-40 he goes at this point. His athleticism etc is nba quality so he will probably go 2nd rd on that alone even though he can’t shoot. He will get more individual work in nba/g-league from coaches to help his shot. He has good form when shooting free throws so to me it’s lack of reps. All I know is without him...we would have to do some amazing work in the transfer portal to make up for what we lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

From what I’ve heard it’s basically 0.  He needs to improve his game but if he can get paid to do it, why not?  

Yeah...only thing I consider is his family situation is good so he might not be in a hurry and if he doesn’t get the assurances he wants to hear then maybe he comes back. After all if he is told he won’t get drafted then he may come back...but I got to think he would go 2nd rd.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...only thing I consider is his family situation is good so he might not be in a hurry and if he doesn’t get the assurances he wants to hear then maybe he comes back. After all if he is told he won’t get drafted then he may come back...but I got to think he would go 2nd rd.

Dumb question as I don’t know the details but Dale isn’t really in the equation right? Just asking from a financial perspective. I know his mom remarried (guessing he’s Tayven’s dad?)