Big Ten 2020-2021

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Feel bad for the kid....but nothing else. The schedule Purdue has been a gift from the Gods. If Painter is half the coaching savant some make him out to be he should cruise to 12 wins with or without Sasha. 

Yep...it can be covid, your emerging star turning an ankle, or foul trouble but it's the B1G...Next man up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Feel bad for the kid....but nothing else. The schedule Purdue has been a gift from the Gods. If Painter is half the coaching savant some make him out to be he should cruise to 12 wins with or without Sasha. 

The schedule was definitely front-loaded. If we still healthy for the back half, should be in a position to win 12 with the savant in place. 

54 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The schedule was definitely front-loaded. If we still healthy for the back half, should be in a position to win 12 with the savant in place. 

No doubt the savant will always be in place. Name another school in the Big 10 who has had a coach on the job for 7 years....and not win a tourney game for 4 straight years after that.....and still remain employed. Actually could be a fun trivia question. 

I don't know what to make of Jaden Ivey. Couldn't miss against us, followed that with a stinker against Penn St, and then hit a game winner against OSU.

If you saw his OSU post game, he went on a crying jag about wanting to win so bad...so what does he do?

Plays so poorly against Michigan Trevion Williams gets in his grill to straighten him out.

1-6 (0-3 from 3 point range) with 2 turnovers.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No doubt the savant will always be in place. Name another school in the Big 10 who has had a coach on the job for 7 years....and not win a tourney game for 4 straight years after that.....and still remain employed. Actually could be a fun trivia question. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/matt-painter-1.html

Tell me you wouldn’t swap IUs performance over the past 15 years or whatever for what Purdue has accomplished...don’t let your Purdue hatred cloud your judgement. Even with some disappointments in the tournament he has been an incredible coach. He has to scrap and claw for talent and they won 3 B1G championships, a B1G tournament, and an elite eight and was like 2 seconds from a final four...what’s to criticize?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/matt-painter-1.html

Tell me you wouldn’t swap IUs performance over the past 15 years or whatever for what Purdue has accomplished...don’t let your Purdue hatred cloud your judgement. Even with some disappointments in the tournament he has been an incredible coach. He has to scrap and claw for talent and they won 3 B1G championships, a B1G tournament, and an elite eight and was like 2 seconds from a final four...what’s to criticize?

All good. You missed my point. No other school in the conference would allow him to have the recent success he undoubtedly has had. 

Still waiting for the answer though from anyone. Point me to a school that has a coach on the job in the Big 10 for 7 years....followed by 4 years of no tourney wins. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All good. You missed my point. No other school in the conference would allow him to have the recent success he undoubtedly has had. 

Still waiting for the answer though from anyone. Point me to a school that has a coach on the job in the Big 10 for 7 years....followed by 4 years of no tourney wins. 

Shows how smart the school is for being patient with him and seeing his potential. I know the point your making but it doesn’t make sense to me. He was a young coach that just needed time to break through. To me it’s a compliment to their AD for having faith in what he knew was a great coach.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why you’re still hung up on that random fact is beyond me. Only 2 of those years were non-tournament years. Sometimes you lose in the first round. It’s clear he had built up enough equity his first 7 years where the down years were looked at as an anomaly not the norm. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know what to make of Jaden Ivey. Couldn't miss against us, followed that with a stinker against Penn St, and then hit a game winner against OSU.

If you saw his OSU post game, he went on a crying jag about wanting to win so bad...so what does he do?

Plays so poorly against Michigan Trevion Williams gets in his grill to straighten him out.

The guy is a stud in the making IMO. Just has been inconsistent and lost 5 games due to injury. He’s been pretty tough to stop going to the rim and has settled for jumpers too often though IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The guy is a stud in the making IMO. Just has been inconsistent and lost 5 games due to injury. He’s been pretty tough to stop going to the rim and has settled for jumpers too often though IMO. 

He is a pretty elite combo of size and athleticism for a point guard. Still very raw and if he ever straightens out his jumper watch out. He was a favorite of mine before he committed.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well not 4 years in a row without a tournament win but starting in the 94-95 season RMK lost 3 straight years in the tournament.  In his last 6 years he only won 2 tournament games.  This was after RMK had been there for 23 years.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He’s the type of player than can shoot you out of a game real quick.  He’s got tools but could see him turning into a Devonte Green falling in love with those 3s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s the type of player than can shoot you out of a game real quick.  He’s got tools but could see him turning into a Devonte Green falling in love with those 3s.

That's exactly who I was thinking of...but he really hasn't turned in a "good Devonte" 9-15 from 3 effort yet...

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don't know about that...I think he could wind up being a head case like Eastern...

I wouldn't mess with Trevion if I was him though...