Big Ten 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s up to the individual program to decide if they want to play. Purdue could’ve called off the game last night but CMP wanted to play. 

Got it. Kudos to him on that. Seems like Izzo is content in postponing any and every game he can until his team can either get better or healthy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Got it. Kudos to him on that. Seems like Izzo is content in postponing any and every game he can until his team can either get better or healthy. 

I agree. There was a pretty interesting debate on our board as to whether we should’ve played or postponed and I’m glad we played. Good for the young guys to have to deal with adversity. There’s also been pretty good indicators that Sasha was the only guy on the team who hadn’t gotten Covid yet as it was mentioned that the rest of our guys had it before the season started so perhaps that played a role in it too but who knows. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree. There was a pretty interesting debate on our board as to whether we should’ve played or postponed and I’m glad we played. Good for the young guys to have to deal with adversity. There’s also been pretty good indicators that Sasha was the only guy on the team who hadn’t gotten Covid yet as it was mentioned that the rest of our guys had it before the season started so perhaps that played a role in it too but who knows. 

I'm hopeful that most coaches take the Painter approach but that's a tough one having best shooter sit for now 17 days.....while Izzo has waited out the 17 days with his players and they can start up again this Thursday at Rutgers. 

I don't think anyone would play covid manipulation....but I also know coaches do anything within the rules to gain an edge. 

Full disclaimer. If TJD gets a positive. I hope Archie postpones games. Haha. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Definitely will take the Maryland win. We handle our business and we move up to 6th in Big 10 tomorrow....with both Purdue and Illinois having some tough stretches in front of them because of Covid/SOS. 

If OSU loses then they will be 6-4 and we win we will be 5-4 and a half game behind them

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maryland 63-49 vs  Minnesota and Minnesota only scored 10 points in the last 12 minutes of the game.

Wow. 10 points. Didn't watch that closely. As you said earlier. 3rd road win vs top 25 team, right? I don't even know why I look at future schedule. This is a next game only league. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In the OSU/Wisky game, CBS put up a graphic titled Top Seven Big Ten teams. OSU was sixth at 5-4, Minny was seventh at 4-5. No IU at 4-4

lol

I've been joking for awhile now that the AP is trying to rank as many Big Ten teams as possible before us. I think Maryland, Penn State, Purdue and Nebraska are the only others who haven't cracked the top 25 yet. Maryland is probably on their radar after their win today. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

at the half OSU is leading UW 32-25.  No matter how bad UW plays they seem like they always stays in the game.  They got down by 11 but they did not let it go any further and narrowed the lead.

They have looked awful. 3/16 from three. OSU had a chance to bury them but got impatient and took some quick shots 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

at the half OSU is leading UW 32-25.  No matter how bad UW plays they seem like they always stays in the game.  They got down by 11 but they did not let it go any further and narrowed the lead.

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They have looked awful. 3/16 from three. OSU had a chance to bury them but got impatient and took some quick shots 

Reuvers just keeps firing up the 3s. At one point, he was 3-4 all from 2. Finished 3-7 after missing 3 straight 3s...

And anyone that thinks we're the only team that has FT troubles, look at the Minny/Terps boxscore...combined 31-54 (61%)...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Reuvers just keeps firing up the 3s. At one point, he was 3-4 all from 2. Finished 3-7 after missing 3 straight 3s...

And anyone that thinks we're the only team that has FT troubles, look at the Minny/Terps boxscore...combined 31-54 (61%)...

Rutgers is the second worst FT% in the country at like 57%