Big Ten 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I did but that was awhile ago and we’ve played a lot of games since then. Hard to remember specifics. Like Billingsley said, it tends to even out over the year. 

Not the point...You said OSU got hosed at Michigan State...I was saying it's not the first time they got hosed...

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Say what you want but Izzo has not lost his team, Henry has stepped up as a leader. They will be tourney bound.

I listened to Mike Decourcy say early this week OSU won't make final 4 because they have a great offensive system that puts their players in position to score. He said in a 1 possession game under 10 seconds think they would come up empty.  For whatever its worth

I don't disagree with that, but the difference in having that great 1 on 1 played late and not is maybe 50% to 25%. You can make a F4 without that. 

• Like 1

Went back and looked at pre-season B1G predictions from CBS Sports:

Some notables:

IN 7 currently 10th

WI 3 currently 6th

MSU 4 currently 9th

PU 8 currently 5th

OSU 5 currently 3rd

And the big one MI 9 currently 1st

Then there's these:

Big Ten Preseason Freshman of the Year

Khristian Lander, Indiana

Khristian Lander just turned 18 years old two months ago. The former five-star recruit reclassified from the 2021 class to 2020, and despite his youth, figures to make an instant impact as a rookie in Bloomington. He averaged 21 points and 6 boards per game at Evansville's Francis Joseph Reitz high school last season while developing into a multi-faceted lead guard with sharp handles, a smooth stroke and speed for days. IU returns starting guards Rob Phinisee and Al Durham but with Lander's pedigree and production, the Hoosiers will have no choice but to find a way how to feature him in their backcourt.

Check IU's roster, and tell me how this team doesn't finish in the top half of the league. There's too much talent for Archie Miller to not get there. The Hoosiers return Trayce Jackson-Davis and Race Thompson from their starting front line as well as Rob Phinisee and Al Durham from their backcourt, with the lone departing starter, Justin Smith, grad transferring out. Expect Trayce Jackson-Davis to again be the focus of this unit -- and expect a step forward for the second-year star.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/big-ten-expert-picks-2020-21-preview-illinois-predicted-to-edge-iowa-and-luka-garza-for-conference-title/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Went back and looked at pre-season B1G predictions from CBS Sports:

Some notables:

IN 7 currently 10th

WI 3 currently 6th

MSU 4 currently 9th

PU 8 currently 5th

OSU 5 currently 3rd

And the big one MI 9 currently 1st

Then there's these:

Big Ten Preseason Freshman of the Year

Khristian Lander, Indiana

Khristian Lander just turned 18 years old two months ago. The former five-star recruit reclassified from the 2021 class to 2020, and despite his youth, figures to make an instant impact as a rookie in Bloomington. He averaged 21 points and 6 boards per game at Evansville's Francis Joseph Reitz high school last season while developing into a multi-faceted lead guard with sharp handles, a smooth stroke and speed for days. IU returns starting guards Rob Phinisee and Al Durham but with Lander's pedigree and production, the Hoosiers will have no choice but to find a way how to feature him in their backcourt.

Check IU's roster, and tell me how this team doesn't finish in the top half of the league. There's too much talent for Archie Miller to not get there. The Hoosiers return Trayce Jackson-Davis and Race Thompson from their starting front line as well as Rob Phinisee and Al Durham from their backcourt, with the lone departing starter, Justin Smith, grad transferring out. Expect Trayce Jackson-Davis to again be the focus of this unit -- and expect a step forward for the second-year star.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/big-ten-expert-picks-2020-21-preview-illinois-predicted-to-edge-iowa-and-luka-garza-for-conference-title/

wow!  Lander!?

Sparty at Maryland today. Who do we want? 

Maryland after this one has Northwestern/Penn St so assuming they'll get to 10 wins even if they lose. So they'll be in. Maybe our last chance is to have Sparty lose today and to us Tuesday followed by back to back Michigan losses? That would put them at 7-13 in conference play and maybe just maybe the tourney selection crew would pick us as 9th team from conference? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sparty at Maryland today. Who do we want? 

Maryland after this one has Northwestern/Penn St so assuming they'll get to 10 wins even if they lose. So they'll be in. Maybe our last chance is to have Sparty lose today and to us Tuesday followed by back to back Michigan losses? That would put them at 7-13 in conference play and maybe just maybe the tourney selection crew would pick us as 9th team from conference? 

Darryl Morsell is one of the guys that can shut down the currently hot Aaron Henry...and to me, Henry is the key to beating Sparty...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With under 8 to go in the game UI is up 51-38 against UW.  What I don't understand is how UI can keep winning without their top player.  I have been told if you have injuries you shouldn't expect to win games.

I’ve been told that if you a missing a bench player you shouldn’t expect to win games 

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With under 8 to go in the game UI is up 51-38 against UW.  What I don't understand is how UI can keep winning without their top player.  I have been told if you have injuries you shouldn't expect to win games.

And if you watched it to the end, it was a one possession game for the last 2 minutes...

The Illini beat Wisky by 15 with Ayo in Champaign...

You boys like to stretch what people say to prop up your narrative...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And if you watched it to the end, it was a one possession game for the last 2 minutes...

The Illini beat Wisky by 15 with Ayo in Champaign...

You boys like to stretch what people say to prop up your narrative...

That was mainly due to Trice going nuts by scoring 19 points in the last 3 minutes

Just now, IU Scott said:

That was mainly due to Trice going nuts by scoring 19 points in the last 3 minutes

And if Ayo had played Underwood would have been going to him just like Wisky was going to Trice... That's Illinois right now... Toward the end of the game, go to Ayo...

Remember the first game against IU? Ayo scored 13 in the last 6 minutes...

You act like one player missing doesn't make a difference...and you also know that's not true...

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And if Ayo had played Underwood would have been going to him just like Wisky was going to Trice... That's Illinois right now... Toward the end of the game, go to Ayo...

Remember the first game against IU? Ayo scored 13 in the last 6 minutes...

You act like one player missing doesn't make a difference...and you also know that's not true...

They still won without him and remember that last UI game against us. Ayo scored 10 points and fouled out in regulation but UI still won.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The argument was that IU could have another championship but not if they could win without him.  After his injury IU went 7-2 and still went to the elite 8 without him.

But, but, but, Bob Knight should have STILL won the NC if he was any kind of coach! 

The essential argument is, can 1 player make a difference in a game or a season...

And I think we all know the answer to that one...