Big Ten 2020-2021

9 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t think Holtmann is that great of an in game coach. But he’s a good guy, seemingly good recruiter and with player development. He’s a good fit for Ohio state. 

This might not have anything to do with Holtman, might just be the kid's nature or it could be the atmosphere Holtman has created, but I watched the beginning of their game during last week and their guard, Jackson I think, was jumping up and down after the lineup announcements and ran up and down the bench hugging each coach as he went onto the floor for the tip-off. 

That kid was amped and ready to play and you could tell he loved the staff and loved just being there. 

Since Archie got here, our guys look like they couldn't care less as they get ready to play. 

I'm ready for a return to actual enthusiasm and energy. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This might not have anything to do with Holtman, might just be the kid's nature or it could be the atmosphere Holtman has created, but I watched the beginning of their game during last week and their guard, Jackson I think, was jumping up and down after the lineup announcements and ran up and down the bench hugging each coach as he went onto the floor for the tip-off. 

That kid was amped and ready to play and you could tell he loved the staff and loved just being there. 

Since Archie got here, our guys look like they couldn't care less as they get ready to play. 

I think that was Washington.  I heard Holtmann talk about Washington and said how much he loves him but during the game he could strangle him sometimes

• Like 2

Good deal for Maryland today....helps us since we beat them. Beat Sparty on Tuesday and I think people will inch back up in those seats by the weekend.

My comment isn't a cause for a status of the program talk....just saying right now we have a chance. Get Tuesday and see what happens. NCAA will take 9 from the Big 10. Why not us be #9 instead of Sparty? 

Edited by Seeking6

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good deal for Maryland today....helps us since we beat them. Beat Sparty on Tuesday and I think people will inch back up in those seats by the weekend.

My comment isn't a cause for a status of the program talk....just saying right now we have a chance. Get Tuesday and see what happens. NCAA will take 9 from the Big 10. Why not us be #9 instead of Sparty? 

If we beat MSU this week, going to West Lafayette with a tournament bid on the line is going to be quite the emotional affair... And the game’s at 2 p.m. on a Saturday?  Mods have to be losing sleep thinking about that, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think that was Washington.  I heard Holtmann talk about Washington and said how much he loves him but during the game he could strangle him sometimes

I'd love to see even an ounce of that enthusiasm from IU's players. Our players walk out onto the court like zombies for the tip. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I agree. I got roasted though for saying I just thought our guys on the court, bench, and even in the post game pressers just seem to not be happy or the joy had been sucked out of the team. I know a lot has to do with winning but most the guys just seem so melancholy. Anyways glad I’m not the only one who notices such things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree. I got roasted though for saying I just thought our guys on the court, bench, and even in the post game pressers just seem to not be happy or the joy had been sucked out of the team. I know a lot has to do with winning but most the guys just seem so melancholy. Anyways glad I’m not the only one who notices such things.

I've noticed it for awhile. There's just an overall appearance of a lack of enthusiasm. Even dating back to previous years when it would be a big game and the Hall would be packed, during the starters being announced our guys walk out like they're completely board out of their minds. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've noticed it for awhile. There's just an overall appearance of a lack of enthusiasm. Even dating back to previous years when it would be a big game and the Hall would be packed, during the starters being announced our guys walk out like they're completely board out of their minds. 

Starts at the top — Archie looks and acts the exact same way.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I think atmosphere is the right word here. He creates an atmosphere with his players that is conducive to winning. His players look confident and comfortable on the court. 

• Like 1

Teddy Allen leaves Nebraska team

"After a lot of thought over the last few days, I have made the decision to focus on getting fully healthy in preparation for the next step in my basketball journey," Allen said. "I will continue to stay at Nebraska for the spring semester and work toward graduation. I am looking forward to what the future holds, as I explore my options."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30984916/teddy-allen-nebraska-cornhuskers-leading-scorer-abruptly-leaves-program

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"After a lot of thought over the last few days, I have made the decision to focus on getting fully healthy in preparation for the next step in my basketball journey," Allen said. "I will continue to stay at Nebraska for the spring semester and work toward graduation. I am looking forward to what the future holds, as I explore my options."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30984916/teddy-allen-nebraska-cornhuskers-leading-scorer-abruptly-leaves-program

I didn't think he'd last the year...

Probably best for all involved...

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Well he showcased his 41 point game so now he doesn't want to risk injury so he can play in Uzbekistan

Maybe...But as much as he was a disciplinary problem this year, I can't help but think Hoiberg just finally had his fill...

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He is a head case, last week he scores 41 points and then the next game only plays like 10 minutes.  If we finish 11th in the conference we would play them in the first round of the BTT.