Big Ten 2020-2021

Ah, here's why...

"COVELLI CENTER DEBUT

For the unaware: This game will be played at the Covelli Center instead of the Schottenstein Center. Why? Hockey games this weekend. It's the only game set to tip off at the Covelli Center this season, though it's an interesting venue given the lack of fans. It might, in fact, feel like a more normal arena since it's far less cavernous than the Schott." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Anyone know how Damezi is doing? Just curious. He from what I could tell was a good kid. Wish it would of worked out for him at IU

Last I heard he had to sit a year. According to ESPN Loyola-Chi doesn't play their first game until 9 Dec, and their 2nd game is 30 Dec. I don't know if he submitted a waiver or not to play this year.

Edit: They have paused all team activities due to positive covid tests among team personnel.

Edited by Lurker

11 hours ago, BDB said:

OT.  

Yeah, Oakland lost, but they kinda showed some of Michigan's warts...Livers looked out of shape, and their defense isn't very good at staying in front of the ball...

I'll say one thing though...the Dickinson kid at 7'1" can play in the post...Good inside post moves, good passer, and an at least adequate defender for a freshman. 

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, Oakland lost, but they kinda showed some of Michigan's warts...Livers looked out of shape, and their defense isn't very good at staying in front of the ball...

I'll say one thing though...the Dickinson kid at 7'1" can play in the post...Good inside post moves, good passer, and an at least adequate defender for a freshman. 

I'm sticking with my "coach can recruit but can't coach" theory.  It's a small sample size thus far but he still needs to prove he's not just another Penny Hardaway.

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

No.  We have Archie's Dayton resume.  He didn't forget how to coach.  He's just a slow but steady builder.

Don't forget what RMK said about him...and he said that about no other IU coach since his firing.

I hope so! Success in the A-10 might not translate so easily to the B1G though.