Big Ten 2020-2021

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

So upset to see the Illini suck it.

Talked with a few today. Tone is different. If they lose next week to Duke after what Sparty did you'll really start hearing some aching.

To me it's simple. Either Underwood protects Kofi and does some form of a zone....or wait for a long year. His ball screen defense will continue to get him in foul trouble. After that you double AyoĀ and roll the dice with the others. Underwood strikes me as a hard headed guy. We'll see what happens. Oh by the way for our Illini friends that lurk....Baylor is a really good team with tons of returning talent. It's just a loss.Ā 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to decide how this one will play out. Game was close and it looked like Baylor just said enough is enough and moved it to double digits very quickly. Or just maybe the Big 12 has 4-5Ā really good teams this year like we do?Ā 

I think Baylor is a NC contender. They were last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Talked with a few today. Tone is different. If they lose next week to Duke after what Sparty did you'll really start hearing some aching.

To me it's simple. Either Underwood protects Kofi and does some form of a zone....or wait for a long year. His ball screen defense will continue to get him in foul trouble. After that you double AyoĀ and roll the dice with the others. Underwood strikes me as a hard headed guy. We'll see what happens. Oh by the way for our Illini friends that lurk....Baylor is a really good team with tons of returning talent. It's just a loss.Ā 

Any time I hear his name, I will always think of our game against them two years ago. The BIG has us figured out and really shut down our offense by packing the lane, and for some reason Illinois came out and pressed us all game long and we embarrassed them. Not adjusting their defense was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. I guess theirĀ year was shot anyway, so if he was just trying to practice what they wanted to do next year, I guess. But, seems to me that you play games to win them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like coach Davis is having his son try to do it all himself in the last few minutes

The Titans don't really run an offense. Pretty much all one on one. Antoine takes most of the shots, but the other kids aren't shy either. They play a passable defense...

But if MSU gives that kind of effort against ANY B10 team, they'll get smoked.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

The Titans don't really run an offense. Pretty much all one on one. Antoine takes most of the shots, but the other kids aren't shy either. The play a passable defense...

But if MSU gives that kind of effort against ANY B10 team, they'll get smoked.

Strange they played really well against Duke and then play like this today. This was Detroit's first game and did really well.

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Watching Marquette vs Whisky just to get a feel for the Badgers, and see DJ Carton and Garcia (couple of misses for us) play for the Golden Eagles.

From what I have watched of Garcia, he is pretty good. Ā Small sample size though.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So if we beat Detroit Mercy only by 7, just imagine what the doomsayers would be saying here ....

Just imagine being down 9 to Valpo at home in the first half.Ā  It shouldn't be that close but Purdue is living at the line

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1