Big Ten 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

College basketball has really become hard to watch.  It's just plain ugly so much of the time.  Kids trying to make individual moves like the pros when they're not pros.  I'm watching PSU vs Illinois and it may be close but it ain't pretty.

Yeah, it is ugly...

Hummel is a little prone to hyperbole, but if they're going to let Kofi shuffle his feet like Michael Jackson moonwalking and shoulder guys out of the way, he will be "a dominant force." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, it is ugly...

Hummel is a little prone to hyperbole, but if they're going to let Kofi shuffle his feet like Michael Jackson moonwalking and shoulder guys out of the way, he will be "a dominant force." 

Sometimes I can't believe how fundamentally challenged some of the players seem to be.  The problem is I'm old and remember great teams from my "yoot".  😂   And I realize the game is played with more emphasis on individual moves/abilities, but...sometimes I'm amazed at what I see being called a team sport.   😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

College basketball has really become hard to watch.  It's just plain ugly so much of the time.  Kids trying to make individual moves like the pros when they're not pros.  I'm watching PSU vs Illinois and it may be close but it ain't pretty.

True.  I don't watch nearly as many games as I used to,  Growing up in the Louisville area, I used t5o watch every IU, UL, and UK game.  And, as an extension, I would know the starting lineups for every team in their conference as well.  Back when Louisville was in the old Metro conference, we used to get Saturday doubleheaders.  Nothing better than a Southern Miss / Tulane battle royal.  We would also get SEC doubleheaders on a different channel.  I watched quite the number of Vandy / Mississippi State tilts as well. 

Now, I can barely name a single player on any team outside the Big Ten.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes it is

Oh man.  I missed where you said that.  Very sorry to hear that at many levels.  To have to suffer twice from it is a raw deal.  Plus, I’m surprised the antibodies didn’t bail you out.   Regardless, I hope you get better real soon and your family stays safe.  I’ve told you before but I’m very impressed with the way you are a family man, including taking care of your parents.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, it is ugly...

Yet both teams shot a great %...58% for Illinois and 61% for PSU.  5 TOs for Illinois...6 for PSU...6 fouls for both.  But it sure looked like AAU much of the time...racing out of control.  🙄  It's just me I'm sure.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've watched bits and pieces before our game. Both defenses remind of what Sherman was up against. Saturday morning AAU league right now. 

When I saw Curbelo go one on four on a fast break (he did somehow make the shot), I could see CAM frantically waving someone else into the game if our star freshman PG did that...

• Like 1