Big Ten 2020-2021

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same compliment for the AD with Hope and Hazell? Just trying to follow things.

Iā€™m not going to get into the whole university...geez why canā€™t you just give it up. Painter is regularly in a group of best coaches in the country. He can flat out coach. He doesnā€™t get the best talent in the B1G but he does more with less then just about any coach I know. He was a young coach that struggled in the tournament early but he was at least getting them there. They made a good decision to hire him and a good one to keep him through some lean years. At this point he has the program rolling. Continue to take shots at him and the program...itā€™s fine...but for someone I consider a very smart person itā€™s a dumb take in my opinion. I just hope Archie can get our program to their level.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Iā€™m not going to get into the whole university...geez why canā€™t you just give it up. Painter is regularly in a group of best coaches in the country. He can flat out coach. He doesnā€™t get the best talent in the B1G but he does more with less then just about any coach I know. He was a young coach that struggled in the tournament early but he was at least getting them there. They made a good decision to hire him and a good one to keep him through some lean years. At this point he has the program rolling. Continue to take shots at him and the program...itā€™s fine...but for someone I consider a very smart person itā€™s a dumb take in my opinion. I just hope Archie can get our program to their level.

All good. Just see Painter differently....because I don't know of anyone that thinks he's routinely in the group of best coaches in the country. Good guy sure. Almost runs a clean program sure. Best coach? Doubtful.Ā 

As I said all good though...just see him differently.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All good. Just see Painter differently....because I don't know of anyone that thinks he's routinely in the group of best coaches in the country. Good guy sure. Almost runs a clean program sure. Best coach? Doubtful.Ā 

He is usually ranked in the top 20Ā of college coaches every year.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He is usually ranked in the top 20Ā of college coaches every year.

It's interesting to look at Painter's most successful runs, from 2007-2011 and 2015-2018.Ā  Those happen to be some really down years for IU.Ā  It's almost as if his success is predicated on IU sucking.Ā  If we ever get back to a perennial power Painters best years will be behind him.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

It's interesting to look at Painter's most successful runs, from 2007-2011 and 2015-2018.Ā  Those happen to be some really down years for IU.Ā  It's almost as if his success is predicated on IU sucking.Ā  If we ever get back to a perennial power Painters best years will be behind him.Ā 

I don't think that has anything to do with it because Keady had successful seasons even when we were good.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Curious where youā€™d put him both in terms of best coaches in the conference and in the country?

• Like 1