Big Ten 2020-2021

So apparently Underwood's greatness was a tad premature as well as Izzo's death.Ā 

Smart a-- comments aside....are the Illini closer to OT wins vs Nebraska and single digit wins vs Northwestern? Or what? Not sure what to think about them. I know I'm on a crusade....or maybe it's just life in the Big 10. Tough crew to figure out.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sparty takes down Illinois by 11...

Ayo did his best Carsen Edwards impression tonight. 6-18.Ā 

Trying to figure out what the Illini are. Are they the 3 seed who gets beat by 14 this year? Or are they are a really good team just dealing with a tough conference. I know we gave one away to them. Guess time will tell. Good win for Sparty. Again.Ā 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ayo did his best Carsen Edwards impression tonight. 6-18.Ā 

Trying to figure out what the Illini are. Are they the 3 seed who gets beat by 14 this year? Or are they are a really good team just dealing with a tough conference. I know we gave one away to them. Guess time will tell. Good win for Sparty. Again.Ā 

I miss Carsen. I wish he wouldā€™ve come back last year. Speaking of Ayo, Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s what Ivey can turn into over the next few years. I think there are some similarities in their games.Ā 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I miss Carsen. I wish he wouldā€™ve come back last year. Speaking of Ayo, Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s what Ivey can turn into over the next few years. I think there are some similarities in their games.Ā 

Guys like Carsen and Ayo can carry teams and cover some problems....while being phenomenal players in the moment that is the difference between getting bounced in 2nd round and making E8. I haven't watched enough of Ivey to know which one he is. I know this is the best Illinois teamĀ they've had in 16 years and I'm trying to figure out what I see. On with the crusade!Ā 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

So apparently Underwood's greatness was a tad premature as well as Izzo's death.Ā 

Smart a-- comments aside....are the Illini closer to OT wins vs Nebraska and single digit wins vs Northwestern? Or what? Not sure what to think about them. I know I'm on a crusade....or maybe it's just life in the Big 10. Tough crew to figure out.Ā 

Acceptance is the first step.Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I will not be surprised if MSU makes the tournament and that terrible loss doesn't end up being terrible.Ā 

I got ridiculed for saying they were looking better and figuring things out. I keep saying itā€™s not who you play but when you play them. We get hot Northwestern early and hot MSU late. We got struggling Iowa in the middle. In the end that Northwestern loss is awful and the MSU one is probably a toss up. I think they find a way to get in. Crazy is them and Duke might both be on the bubble and that win early might decide it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Guys like Carsen and Ayo can carry teams and cover some problems....while being phenomenal players in the moment that is the difference between getting bounced in 2nd round and making E8. I haven't watched enough of Ivey to know which one he is. I know this is the best Illinois teamĀ they've had in 16 years and I'm trying to figure out what I see. On with the crusade!Ā 

Henry out Ayoed Ayo. His defense on Dosunmu was phenomenal, and he took it to Ayo on the offensive end in crunch time.Ā 

I think Aaron finally got the leadership memo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I got ridiculed for saying they were looking better and figuring things out. I keep saying itā€™s not who you play but when you play them. We get hot Northwestern early and hot MSU late. We got struggling Iowa in the middle. In the end that Northwestern loss is awful and the MSU one is probably a toss up. I think they find a way to get in. Crazy is them and Duke might both be on the bubble and that win early might decide it.

it's funny.Ā  i agree about who you play and when you play them, but dang!Ā  do we play everybody at the wrong time other than Iowa?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it's funny.Ā  i agree about who you play and when you play them, but dang!Ā  do we play everybody at the wrong time other than Iowa?

It gets old being everyone else's streak buster. Not sure if we play down to a team that we perceive is weak at the time, but this team needs to learn to crush their spirits early in the game and keep them down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the B1G this year is just a group of teams that are pretty similar in talent, experience, and a number of other things, and it's just all about matchups in individual games.Ā 

• Like 3