Big Ten 2020-2021

On 2/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, Seeking6 said:

Sparty at Maryland today. Who do we want? 

Maryland after this one has Northwestern/Penn St so assuming they'll get to 10 wins even if they lose. So they'll be in. Maybe our last chance is to have Sparty lose today and to us Tuesday followed by back to back Michigan losses? That would put them at 7-13 in conference play and maybe just maybe the tourney selection crew would pick us as 9th team from conference? 

theyll be in....turgeon is a good coach and his players grow, and respond to his positivity.   

On 2/28/2021 at 7:13 PM, Seeking6 said:

Good deal for Maryland today....helps us since we beat them. Beat Sparty on Tuesday and I think people will inch back up in those seats by the weekend.

My comment isn't a cause for a status of the program talk....just saying right now we have a chance. Get Tuesday and see what happens. NCAA will take 9 from the Big 10. Why not us be #9 instead of Sparty? 

one reason they go,,,,sparty beat hoosiers in key game at AH

On 2/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, BGleas said:

I'd love to see even an ounce of that enthusiasm from IU's players. Our players walk out onto the court like zombies for the tip. 

oh gee,   could it be they are tired playing hard defense and a boring stifling offense style

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You're the embarrassment here...

You have to bring it into EVERY thread...

This is a thread about Big 10 games...not for @IU Scott to cry about everything IU... 

It is not about you and you love fest with Archie either.  You really need to go to other sites if you think what we say here is bad.  We are just critiquing the ay and coaching and not taking personal shots at individuals.  Also why just call me out since the rest of the board wants a change ad well.  Also I was commenting about big ten team in Rutgers and how they haven't played well lately except against us.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not about you and you love fest with Archie either.  You really need to go to other sites if you think what we say here is bad.  We are just critiquing the ay and coaching and not taking personal shots at individuals

Never said it was about me at all...but I'm a little tired of you [keep the language clean] in every thread with it...

Talk about boring...try talking about basketball once in a while..

Edited by BGleas
  • Confused 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Never said it was about me at all...but I'm a little tired of you shitting in every thread with it...

Talk about boring...try talking about basketball once in a while..

I was talking about a big ten team in Rutgers and how bad it is that the only team they have played well against lately is IU.  I backed him for 3 us years and gave him enough time to show what he can do.   I am done with the mediocre product I have seen under Archie and the last 20 years for matter of fact.  I grew up watching IU and was so proud of the team and their accomplishments.  They won the right way and with great kids who went to class and graduated.  I want to have that feeling again watching IU basketball.  I stood quit for 20 plus years trying to be positive and look at the bright side.  Well that hasn't worked don't is time for me to make a stand and demand for better

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just goes to show what a tough conference were in...

Well besides the top 3 teams I say it is more of a lot of descent teams but nothing great.  Yes it is very competitive but wouldn't say it was better than what we saw in the 80's and 90's when IU was able to compete for championships.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was talking about a big ten team in Rutgers and how bad it is that the only team they have played well against lately is IU.  I backed him for 3 us years and gave him enough time to show what he can do.   I am done with the mediocre product I have seen under Archie and the last 20 years for matter of fact.  I grew up watching IU and was so proud of the team and their accomplishments.  They won the right way and with great kids who went to class and graduated.  I want to have that feeling again watching IU basketball.  I stood quit for 20 plus years trying to be positive and look at the bright side.  Well that hasn't worked don't is time for me to make a stand and demand for better

Yeah...

If I saw an email like you wrote to the BOT in my inbox saying "do your job better" I'd leap into action...

🙄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...

If I saw an email like you wrote to the BOT in my inbox saying "do your job better" I'd leap into action...

🙄

You know what I couldn't care any less what you think of me or what I post.  If it offends you or upsets you so much put me on ignore.

Look I know we’re sucking hind tit here fellas, but I’ve seen more personal attacks in the last couple months, and it sure isn’t helping the mood. Remember why we are here and what this site has meant and should continue to mean, sucking is bad enough. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Look I know we’re sucking hind tit here fellas, but I’ve seen more personal attacks in the last couple months, and it sure isn’t helping the mood. Remember why we are here and what this site has meant and should continue to mean, sucking is bad enough. 

I know why I'm here...to talk basketball...why do you think I start the pre game threads?

Damn sure not because I want to hear more Archie/team bashing...

You can't start ANY thread around here without it turning into a bashfest...I brought one up that I'd started a while back after the game against Michigan where I thought Khristian Lander showed a bit more to his game...

Of course it turns into how badly Lander has been coached and how he hasn't lived up to expectations...

Gets really old...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I don't think this board is bad at all just go to other message boards or Twitter and Facebook to see what personal attacks are like.  I use to be the one who fought long and hard for our coaches and on rivals in not so kind words was told that if you don't like the comments then F off.  I was told if you don't like criticism then go and form your own forum for the sun shine pumpers so you don't have to read negativity but in different language.

Man, I agree complaining doesn’t help, if it did, Coach Crean would have hung a couple banners - closing in on matching the General. I think I’m just really down, starting to think fandom may be hurting me more then any joy I get- Hoosier fans need a much needed boost in confidence.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think this board is bad at all just go to other message boards or Twitter and Facebook to see what personal attacks are like.  I use to be the one who fought long and hard for our coaches and on rivals in not so kind words was told that if you don't like the comments then F off.  I was told if you don't like criticism then go and form your own forum for the sun shine pumpers so you don't have to read negativity but in different language.

We are in massive need for positively, which like you state, was once your strong suit. You guys are going at it a little over the stress of watching the team play the same disheartening way, if I could see some real fight - tears , anything that showed these loses are at the very least being learnt to be laid back in spades at a later date, but damn if I don’t feel like no one cares. This sport is suppose to be fun and these young men should be making life long friends and memories.  I’m sure I’m going crazy, I don’t see the  fire I see from freaking Rutgers or any other doormat, is Indiana a doormat????? What a turn of events, and I hate it. 

Edit, meant to say heck no this forum isn’t bad, I’ve been to other forums, this place is different and has been since day one. I swear it’s worse now then Crean’s last season. Hopefully we all get to see IU back where we want to be someday.

Edited by H00sier

7 minutes ago, H00sier said:

We are in massive need for positively, which like you state, was once your strong suit. You guys are going at it a little over the stress of watching the team play the same disheartening way, if I could see some real fight - tears , anything that showed these loses are at the very least being learnt to be laid back in spades at a later date, but damn if I don’t feel like no one cares. This sport is suppose to be fun and these young men should be making life long friends and memories.  I’m sure I’m going crazy, I don’t see the  fire I see from freaking Rutgers or any other doormat, is Indiana a doormat????? What a turn of events, and I hate it. 

Edit, meant to say heck no this forum isn’t bad, I’ve been to other forums, this place is different and has been since day one. I swear it’s worse now then Crean’s last season. Hopefully we all get to see IU back where we want to be someday.

The worst I saw was at the end of the Davis era because some things that were said was just terrible.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Lets remember we're all on the same team here.

Doesn't seem like it to me...

I've never seen a fan base continually bash their own team like this one does...

Come on, @BGleas... You played... You know sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug...

Rutgers proved that tonight...

but everything doesn't have to lead to IU/Archie bashing. I came here to talk about Rutgers/Nebraska and the difference the removal of one bad apple can have on a team, and immediately get that we're the only team Rutgers can beat...

It's old...