Big Ten 2020-2021

Is it just me, or are you guys having trouble buying Michigan State as a tournament team?Ā  I realize they got hot for a couple weeks and got 3 wins over top 10 teams, but heck, Indiana has 2 top 10 wins.Ā  If you look at the rest of Michigan State's resume, they have no other wins over top 35 teams except those 3.Ā  Their NET rating is 67.Ā  9th seed in the Big Ten.Ā  Several bad, lopsided losses.Ā  I think their resume is getting a better evaluation because of the name on top of it rather than its contents.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Is it just me, or are you guys having trouble buying Michigan State as a tournament team?Ā  I realize they got hot for a couple weeks and got 3 wins over top 10 teams, but heck, Indiana has 2 top 10 wins.Ā  If you look at the rest of Michigan State's resume, they have no other wins over top 35 teams except those 3.Ā  Their NET rating is 67.Ā  9th seed in the Big Ten.Ā  Several bad, lopsided losses.Ā  I think their resume is getting a better evaluation because of the name on top of it rather than its contents.

They don't pass the eye test at all, but it seems like a lot of the bubble teams are losing, so they'll probably benefit from that.

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if someone wants to fire up a transfer thread but Marcus Carr from Minnesota just entered transfer portal.Ā 

Maybe heā€™ll follow Little Ricky to New Mexico. Speaking of which, I want whatever theirĀ AD is having... WTH?Ā 

ā€œRichard Pitino is a proven winner with a track record of success on the court, including deep tournament runs and wins over nationally ranked programs, as well as proven success off the court by creating a tremendous student-athlete experience and supporting them as they earn their degrees," New Mexico athletics directorĀ Eddie NuƱez said in a statement announcing the move.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Think Ivey will throw his hat in the NBA ring?

I do...and I think there's a chance he'll stay in it too...

Iā€™d highly doubt it. Next year yeah but Iā€™d be shocked if a) he put his name in and b) left after his freshman year. Maybe heā€™d be more inclined if his familyā€™s financial situation wasnā€™t great but thatā€™s not the case at all.Ā 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Crazy isn't it!

I'm trying to grasp it.Ā  College sports is a job.Ā  He must really love it.Ā  Maybe he's half way through a master's program?Ā  There's worse things then coming out of 6 years of college debt free and still probably able to have a Jordy Hulls overseas type of career if he wants it.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm trying to grasp it.Ā  College sports is a job.Ā  He must really love it.Ā  Maybe he's half way through a master's program?Ā  There's worse things then coming out of 6 years of college debt free and still probably able to have a Jordy Hulls overseas type of career if he wants it.Ā Ā 

I think with Covid there is a lot of uncertainty in traveling overseas and the money probably is not what it normally would be for those foreign leagues. I mean it isnā€™t just nba/nfl losing tons of money. Play it out another year here and then reevaluate where things are in a year.

• Like 2