Tennessee Tech Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No crowd=Will take some getting used to.

Trayce=Dominate.

Galloway=Intriguing.

Take away=No idea....ate a cupcake.

Good to see the frosh get some solid time on the court. We jump straight into real competition after this, so getting so guys on the court and the first time jitters out was important, even if they didn't make a huge impact. The free throw and three points shooting looked a little too similar to previous years, but overall I like the overall make up of this team and I'm interested to see how we respond to Providence on Monday. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I've kind of just accepted that we're never going to be a good shooting team under Archie Miller. I know it's one game, but he won't be here more than 2 seasons if we don't improve in those areas. 

The thing is it is not Archie because his last few Dayton teams shot well.

Gotta love these freshman. Refreshing seeing guys that can play fast via IQ. All played well and saw good teammates in timeouts. Critically speaking, Galloway needs to work on playing laterally.

Wasn't pleased with anyone else, maybe outside of Rob, but even he could work on controlling tempo.

TJD- free throws 

Race- no offensive game other than being more athletic 

Armaan - poor off the ball play and underwhelming effort/high motor tbh 

Al- same ol Al: Points-off-transition-Al. Nothing much has changed. Had astonishingly poor footwork off the ball, in-route to his first shot. Not quick with the ball (poor IQ). 

Jerome- okay, so you’ve worked on your turnaround. Where’s the explosion though?

Guys, I really hate to say it, I was very optimistic, but we are bottom half of B1G again

I think Geronimo is more raw than I had hoped. Not surprised, but from what some people have said. Impressed by trey. He was hustling. 8 turnovers total was good to see. I feel like this team played less erratic than previous years. Maybe the Devonte effect. Overall about what I expected. A lot to like, but a lot to get better at.  Shooting and FT still a sore spot.  

1 minute ago, Candystripes_56 said:

Gotta love these freshman. Refreshing seeing guys that can play fast via IQ. All played well and saw good teammates in timeouts. Critically speaking, Galloway needs to work on playing laterally.

Wasn't pleased with anyone else, maybe outside of Rob, but even he could work on controlling tempo.

TJD- free throws 

Al- same ol Al: Points-off-transition-Al. Nothing much has changed. Had astonishingly poor footwork off the ball, in-route to his first shot. Not quick with the ball (poor IQ). 

Jerome- okay, so you’ve worked on your turnaround. Where’s the explosion though. 

Guys, I really hate to say it, I was very optimistic, but we are bottom half of B1G again

Yu got that from one game SMH it never fails that you will always have negative people on any message board.

3 minutes ago, Candystripes_56 said:

TJD- free throws 

Jerome- okay, so you’ve worked on your turnaround. Where’s the explosion though?

I saw lots to work on...but it was game 1...everybody I watched today looked rough for stretches. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Jerome had never been explosive. He is not an ubber athlete like Jordan. 

Him around the basket tonight is always what I thought Justin Smith should’ve/could’ve been.  Smith was so athletic and really a mismatch for anyone in the post.    Not sure if it was schematics last year or what.   

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Al had a decent all around game but he seems do a lot of his damage once the game has been decided. I don't see him making the pressure baskets.

He’s the guy I want in the free throw line at the end of the game, but other than that, not sure.  

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Will Rob and Lander be playing together?   I realize they are both primary PGs, but those two along with Trey look like the three best guards. 

Franklin will be solid off the bench. 

Not sold on Al as a top 3 guard.  I prefer him off the bench. 

I think Archie is worried about having shooting out there. If he is starting Trayce and Race then he needs a shooter (Al is our best spot up shooter). I was surprised Armaan started...thought it would be Rob, Al, Lander. Lander is not a pure shooter so I think Archie wants to balance the guards. I did like the pace and ball movement when both Khristian and Rob was playing together.

Archived